Monday, August 08, 2005

A rainy day

Here I sit at home on a rainy day. It is nice though. I enjoy the rain and how it cools things off here in the desert. I love the sound of the thunder as it rolls through the sky. My dog sits at my feet as I blog. She has Valley Fever and is not doing so well. Patty and I are taking her to the vet at 330 for a follow up appointment. I believe that the Lord cares for the little animals on this earth also. Lord I pray that you will touch Heather (our beloved cockapoo) and heal her body Lord.

Patty and I are also praying real hard about taking over the Jr. High group at the church. We so enjoyed being the Youth Leaders at our old church but were hurt very badly there. We attended there for 10 years. We felt that there was too much legalism in that church and that it had almost taken over a dictatorship type of leadership. When we no longer had the support of the pastor we felt it was time to move on. We found a wonderful church called The Vineyard that is full of servants that want to love the people and kids where they are at. Lord I pray that you will guide Patty and I and direct us where you would want us to serve you. I thank you for new friends that have been made. Ben, Robert, & Obie. I see in their hearts that they serve you and love these kids. I pray for the youth that they will grow in you and that leaders will step up and disciple their peers in walking with You!

After taking a month off from running I am building a base again and will start training in another month or so. I am planning on running the RnR Half Marathon with Patty in January and then will run the Lost Dutchman full Marathon in February. I pray that I will be diligent in my training and will stay healthy and focused.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of going out to dinner with my wonderful wife Patty as we celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary. We went to Claim Jumpers. I had never been there before. WOW! The food was great and the portions were HUGE! I look forward to many more years with you Patty! I love you.

2 Comments:

Blogger xfevv said...

Brotha!!!!!

Welcome to the alternate universe known as the blogosphere. It will be the biggest waste of your time, both writing and reading, but it is great. God bless you man and you guys will be in my prayers as you seek God's direction with the JR High group. (Do it!!!! ;) )

2:19 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Well based on what I have seen so far, I love the leadership for the Youth at the Vineyard. I see the love that they show to these kids unconditionally regardless of where they are at in life. Being a Youth Leader at my old church, I know how hard it is. I support Ben and all the others 100%. I appreciate your comments. If I could offer one word of advice though it would be to talk to them in person if you have a difference with anyone. Part of a conversation is listening too. A lot of us go in with our own ideas but never listen to the other point of view. Just my two cents but that is what I would try. And we must watch our tone of voice too. I find that if I listen to another person's point of view if we are in disagreement, then it is easier for me to talk with them and offer my opinion. Thanks for the comments.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home