Monday, February 06, 2006

The AFA vs. The Book of Daniel

I am so freaking sick of the AFA and the crap that they pull. It really gives Christians a bad name in my honest opinion. "Sign this and send it to NBC telling them that they're all going to hell for putting such a program on the air." Yada yada yada. "Don't shop here because they can't say Merry Christmas." Give me a break people.

Folks, there is a knob on your remote control that changes channels or turns the TV on and off. Use it! If you don't like a store's policy or the fact that they are homosexual friendly workplaces, don't shop there.

I also do not believe that it was the "AFA" that caused this show to be taken off the air. Petitions do not work. Ratings do.

Hey, I didn't watch the program but have heard plenty about it to know what the gist of the program was. Why doesn't the AFA do something to get Pat Robertson off the air? I am sick of hearing comments from non-christians trying to compare what Christianity is to people like him and folks that are associated with the AFA.

I think that the Religious Right Wing folks (the AFA, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, etc) have done far more damage to the image of Christianity than a TV program ever would. If anything, they are portraying Christians as contentious and unloving.

Just my 2 cents but I had to vent about this.

1 Comments:

Blogger friend said...

Sounds pretty judgemental in tone Keith... ha ha ha - next thing you'll be saying is God should smote him down or cause him to have an anurysm. Just kidding.

But seriously, we are all convicted about things, Pat, You, Me - how do we express those things with love while still holding to our convictions - Carl's Go Daddy example is a good one.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home