Sunday, March 18, 2007

All Hyped up for tonight

So Chevelle is in town tonight. I've been blasting their music continuously the past couple of days. I have a feeling my ears are gonna hurt tomorrow. And it won't help that I'm getting on a plane to Salt Lake City tomorrow either. I'm flying out for a weeklong conference that's work related. It's actually going to be a snoozefest to tell you the truth, but at least I'll be able to get away from all of the union crap at my office for a week. I am so sick of whiny negative people. I am the union steward and my job is to make sure the collective bargaining agreement is adhered to. Not to burn management. That's not what it's about. I'll quit ranting about that for now.

We had a great weekend celebrating Patty's birthday. We went to the hockey game last night and I swear I saw more drunks on the road than on New Years Eve. They say St. Patrick's Day has just as many, if not more, accidents and DUI incidents than New Years Eve. I'll tell you one thing though, the DUI task force was out in numbers. They were saturating the roadways last night which is good.

Shannon has a new job now and is getting more hours which is what she needed. She'll be 18 on the 28th. My baby girl is all grown up now.

I bought a great book the other day that I'm going to read while I'm in Salt Lake City. It was written by Dan Gilliam and is titled God Touches Finding Faith in the Cracks and Spaces of Life. It looks like it will be a great read and I look forward to it. I'll write about it later.

I may post about the concert tomorrow before I leave. If not, I'll update my blog when I get back from Salt Lake City. I've never been to Salt Lake City before and the hotel and conference are located in the Olympic Village where the Winter Olympics were held awhile back.

Be Moved!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home