Sunday, September 06, 2009

Some rambling thoughts

Sometimes life sucks. Suck it up and do the right thing.

My life has been somewhat chaotic lately. Do I like it? Hell no! But I do know this...that whatever happens, I'll be okay.

I really like my new boss so far. He seems to be a good fit. Right now there are a lot of personality conflicts in our office. Some people need to put their differences aside...at least in the work environment.

I haven't been to church in quite awhile. Not because I haven't wanted to go. It seems that this entire Summer I have been working on weekends, and when I do get a Sunday off, I have other stuff to do. But to tell you the truth, I don't really miss it. I have done "church" without going to church. I actually enjoy that more. So I consider this Summer somewhat of a sabbatical from going "to" church. After September, my schedule should become a bit more stable.

My parents have been in New Mexico most of the Summer. They are coming back to AZ tomorrow. I am planning a quick trip to see them on the 15th and coming back the 16th. They celebrate their 50th anniversary on Sept 10th 2010, just a year from now. I will be discussing with my mom what they want to do and who they want to invite so that we can get the planning going.

I have really been enjoying my gym time. It is a time for me to get healthy and to let loose all of the "stuff" from the day. I lift weights and run. I feel great. A buddy of mine is planning on doing the PF Changs Rock & Roll Half Marathon in January. I'm contemplating doing it too. But I have to make my mind up by October so that I can start a running specific training program for it.

I've seen some damn good concerts recently. More to come in the future too.

My daughter has a job now and steady income. I really think she was depressed when she was unemployed. Now that she is working, I have seen our relationship improve.

We still go to the orphanage. Patty and I love those kids man. I really wish they were in the U.S. instead of Mexico. But they're not. We still serve them anyway. We're heading down there again on Sept 19th-20th.

My favorite author is coming to town on Sept 29th. Donald Miller, author of Blue Like Jazz. I am looking forward to seeing him and hearing him speak.

My wife and I have been struggling recently in our relationship. But know this, we are working on it. She was there for me during a very hard time and I aim to be there for her too. Beside the fact that I love her dearly.

So there's a quick update for blogland. I'm usually on Facebook these days, but some of you don't do the Facebook thing.

Peace!
Keith

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Although I do follow you on Facebook, and I like that, I still miss the posts you used to do here too. Yeah, I know -you do some short ones here now and again, but this one is kind of like "old times" -hearing about what you're doing in more detail.
I'm glad you and Patty are working through your issues. Way too much at stake there not to do that ya know. Will definitely keep you both in though and prayer.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home