Sunday, January 15, 2006

PF Changs Rock & Roll Marathon and Half Marathon

Well? It's done. We all finished. I feel pretty good right now for having run 13.1 miles although I am a bit sunburned. Patty walked it with her sister Maureen who was doing her very first one. They actually ran some too they said. They both looked real good afterwards. I am proud of them both. I never did see Obie and Jen though. I looked for them. But to tell you the truth, this is a huge event and it's kind of hard to find two people out of about 35,000.

I started in the very back with Patty and Maureen. They did a wave start this year which was a little bit different that last year. There were 24 corrals and we were in 23. This year they only released 1 corral at a time so we didn't even hit the starting line until at least a half hour after the gun went off. But we will receive a real time based on our chip we wore on our shoes. I finished somewhere around 2 hours and 30 minutes. I forgot to turn my watch off after I crossed the finish line and didn't realize it for awhile. The official times will be posted by 7 pm on their website. I could have done much better, but it was so crowded dodging in and out of all the walkers. I'm glad the full marathon I will be running in in February is much smaller. Patty and Maureen think they came in around 3 hours and 30 minutes. we really won't know for sure until after 7 PM tonight.

I'm already showered and cleaned up. Patty's getting ready now. We're going to head out in a bit and enjoy some good old PF Changs chinese food. Yummy yummy! Will update later tonight! Blessings to you all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you three!!! Glad you
finished well. Hope you enjoyed
PF Chang. We ate there the past
week. We took Lynn's Mom and
Grandma Morgan there for lunch.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home