Thursday, January 12, 2006

Ready, set, let's Rock & Roll

So the PF Changs Rock & Roll Marathon and Half Marathon are approaching very fast. Sunday morning I will be gathering bright and early with 31,000 other folks to run a long distance. Some think we are crazy, some are impressed. People do it for various reasons. I'm doing this one for fun. I know I will finish. I've already run 15 miles in my training and that was just last weekend. I'm a little bit lighter this year, and am feeling absolutely great as far as my conditioning. I do not have any aches or pains whatsoever at this point. I am going to test this run/walk strategy in the half to see what I can do. Will I get under 2 hours? I don't know. Great if I can, great if not. I'm just having fun. February 19th will be the real test. Another full marathon, my third. I do think I am more ready for this than I was for the previous two though. I will start my fundraising after the half this Sunday.

Work is going great. I am so enjoying being the Cooperative Program Manager now. I drove out to Arizona City day before yesterday to relocate the weather station there. I tore it out in the morning and had it installed at the new site in the afternoon. Then I went back out today to finish up and do the siting with the GPS.

God is good my friends! Thank you Lord for all You do for us.

2 Comments:

Blogger friend said...

Amen. I wish I was running - I am bailing.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Pinay said...

God is good. Amen. I'm glad to hear about the good news on running and work. Hope you beat your target.

Greetings!

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home