Saturday, December 31, 2005

Goodbye 2005, Hello 2006

This has been a truly awesome year for me. I have grown so much in the Lord this year than I have in my 44 years on earth. For that I thank Him.

I guess leaving our church of 10 years was a blessing in disguise. It was very unhealthy for us so I truly believe all that we went through there was for a reason. It is my prayer that the Lord will heal my heart of some of the bitterness that I feel about how me and my family were treated when we left. I have made some attempts to heal these hurts and to reconcile with some people. But they have not replied.

I see Servant Evangelism working at the Vineyard and am so blessed to be a part of this body of believers. I have been ministered to greatly at this church and healing has taken place. I have also been allowed to minister to others.

Ben, you are a mentor to me. I watch how you love the youth and serve them. I hope to watch you and learn from you for many years to come.

I have totally changed my tune in how we are to treat others. Organized religion and politics are debateable. I like Kingdom living. Loving the drug addicts. Loving the homosexuals. Loving the Islam folks, the Muslims, the New Agers. Instead of judging them and attacking them, treat them just like the Lord would. Show them kingdom living while doing the work of the Kingdom of God. True Servant Evangelism. Reach them where they are at in life.

It is my prayer that from this day on I will love each and every person like Jesus would.

I also pray that I will read the entire Bible through this year. Ben gave Patty and I an awesome gift for Christmas. He gave us a one year Bible that is in chronological order and also has commentary on the text. Awesome! I am going to make it a goal of mine to do it this year. Read through the entire Bible in one year. Lord, keep me motivated and in tune with Your Holy Spirit. Speak to me through Your word.

What a year it has been. I am blessed with a wonderful family. My wife and I have grown so much closer this year. My daughter is growing up fast. I pray that I can grow closer to her this upcoming year. I have made many new and healthy friendships this year. I pray that they continue to grow.

I guess all I can say is thank you Jesus for blessing me and my family.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pinay said...

AMEN. Our God is an AWESOME GOD!
Happy new year to you and your family!

9:29 PM  
Blogger friend said...

And how you have blessed me. Great vision for loving all people.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home