Sunday, December 18, 2005

Good Will Took a Holiday, Whatever You Call It

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20051218153009990001&cid=505&ncid=NWS00010000000001

Sorry folks. The conservatives and liberals both have it wrong on this one. What would Jesus do? I certainly don't think He would file a lawsuit to make someone put a nativity scene in their Christmas display nor do I think He would be angry at the priest for a "religious" invocation.

I think He would be kind of like Patricia Sciortino as quoted in the last paragraph of the article.

"I think we should all celebrate everything," said Mrs. Sciortino, who was interviewed in Manhasset. "We should have Christmas, we should have Hanukkah and whatever people have. I think we should all learn to respect each other. Everyone should have the right to be who they are. That's what the country is all about."

"Have a nice day," she added.

The "christian lawyers" who filed a lawsuit and Bill O'Reilly's "war on Christmas" segments make me cringe. It's no wonder some of my non-christian friends stay away from church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home