Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Christmas Holiday and the AFA

So now it seems that the ultra conservatives are playing into the ultra liberals hands. I have received two emails this week asking me to sign a petition from the American Family Association (AFA) because it seems that some retailers want to say "Holiday" instead of "Christmas". Here is the link to it. http://www.afa.net/petitions/signpetition.asp?id=1480

I for one am sick of getting these. I believe that they have every right to call it whatever they want. If we as Christians continue to whine about stuff like that, then why would any of them want to attend a church? God wins in the end.

I'm not saying we have to let people run over us as Christians and be walked on and abused. I would have a problem with it if someone said that we couldn't call it Christmas. I think they should be able to call it whatever they want.

I think these agendas are just not good to participate in. This is my opinion. We live in America. They have every right to call it whatever they want just as we do. There is just way too much bickering between the conservatives and the liberals. I believe in most of the views of the conservatives however, I cannot stand the way they try and compete with the liberals and say we're better than them. I don't really consider myself either one. I am a Christian. I try to love people as Christ would. I fail many times. But I keep trying.

Rant over. Peace out!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pinay said...

Extremists, huh? Anyhow, it should be CHRIST that matters most to people.

Christmas is almost here...

5:26 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Pinay, I would not say that they are extremists, although some may be. I would say that it is a difference of opinion. Maybe a little bit legalistic too.

Carl, I liked your comment. But I still stand by what I posted. I especially liked what you said about the moneychangers tables. You are correct, this topic may be on it. But I would still not support the AFA on this petition and I will not go into any of these establishments and tell them I am offended. I will just love them and say "Merry Christmas". Thanks for your always welcome comments. You're a gifted writer. I hope you will be able to meet Ben when you come out here if we have time. he is the Youth Pastor at my church and is also a very gifted writer. And might I add, another Don Miller fan. He's the guy that gave me the book! See ya in a few weeks.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

Yeah? The White Stripes are definitely different. I like some of their stuff. They were here awhile back and I thought about checking them out but something else came up. I know they have a large following.

I did not stay up to watch the Oprah/Letterman reunion. I go to bed way too early. Had to get up at 5 am this morning for work and I am training for this marathon so need to get my rest.

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home