Sunday, November 20, 2005

Running a Marathon for Missions

Well folks, I've made up my mind for my upcoming marathon in February. I am going to take pledges for the 26.2 mile stroll through the desert. I am going to make some flyers and ask people to pledge so much per mile that I complete and then throw it all in the pot for the mission teams going out this summer. So pray that I will get a lot of pledges and support in this endeavor. Training is going well, with the exception of the cold I had the past 2 weeks. But it is all gone now and I'm feeling great. I am also thinking about getting a special shirt made for the race to advertise VCC and the mission teams. I have a lot to plan, think and pray about. I am looking forward to a visit from my Mom and Dad tomorrow. My dad is a great fixer upper kind of guy and he is coming to help me out with a few things around the house. I will take him and mom out for some sushi for lunch. Yummy! If you ain't tried sushi, you don't know what you're missing. I'm out Yo! Peace!

2 Comments:

Blogger Keith said...

You're doing Atkins? I've heard good and bad about it. But I say hey, whatever works for you. Personally, as a runner, I can't go without carbs.

That sounds like a blast being able to jam the blues at those clubs.

As for what you should bring to AZ? I say the skateboards. You should let Jaxon bring his too or his rollerblades. There is a skatepark in Gilbert at Freestone Park not too far from my house. I'm sure you guys would have a blast there.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Pinay said...

Hello Sir Keith. Thanks for recommending Pastor Ben to me. I'll wait for his response.

God bless you in the youth ministry.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home