Saturday, November 12, 2005

A good long run

I had a pretty miserable week battling this head cold that I have. I never call in sick to work but I did call in 2 days this week because I just felt terrible. I have read that it is okay to run if all of your symptoms are above the neck (in other words, it's not in your chest). Well it did start to go to my chest so I passed on the midweek runs that I was supposed to do. I did start feeling a little better Thursday but still did not run that day, which was probably the wise thing to do. So today I was scheduled to do a run of 9 miles. I told myself that I would head out and see how it felt, and if I started to feel bad I would just quit and call it a day. Well I am happy to report that I felt pretty good and managed to get the whole run in. It was probably in the mid 70's today but not a cloud in the sky. I went to the hockey game last night with my sister-in-law and then I read a bit after I got home. I am reading this book called "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey. He was an addict and it is his story about his rehab experience. I would not recommend it to those that are offended by profanity, as he is very frank in his experience. But it is a very good book about the hell that is addiction. Anyhow, I read until almost 1 am so I slept in a bit. I didn't even head out for my run until 11:30 am. The run went very well and it felt real good and actually seemed to clear my sinuses out. But let's just say that I got a little bit of sun today. I ran shirtless so my shoulders, chest, back and face are a tad bit pink. Probably not the wisest thing, but the run went well. Patty called me from the retreat and said something amazing happened to her. She was experiencing severe back pain from the ride up there. She said that during the worship service she just felt a touch from the Lord and that the pain just disappeared. Praise God that he gave Patty a healing touch. I look forward to her coming home tomorrow and hearing what an awesome time she had. Well I'm going to head back downstairs and finish watching the hockey game on TV then pick Shannon up when she gets off work. Blessings to you all. I will be heading out of town next week to calibrate some weather instruments in SE California and Southwest AZ so pray that I have a safe trip.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pinay said...

Quite a long run, Sir. Amazing! I barely run. I have enough walk everyday.

Good to hear God’s work in your wife. He is really the Great Healer.

Hope you both have a safe trip. God bless!

12:52 AM  
Blogger friend said...

cool healing.

9:37 AM  
Blogger friend said...

That is a great healing.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

FYI...the only reason I have the comments go through my email is because I was getting tons of spam comments. It was the only way I knew how to do it. That way I can reject the spam. I do not reject or censure any comment received. Even if it a disagreement with me, I would not reject it. I would publish it just like all the others.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home