Sunday, October 30, 2005

Good training week

Well I had an excellent official training week. It concluded yesterday with a nice 7 mile run. I headed out at 10 am and it was a tad warm when I finished. I guess that's the benefit of living in the desert. Here it is almost November and it's in the 80's and 90's. Although a perfect running day to me would be overcast, calm wind and a temp right around 55 to 60 degrees. Anyhow, I'll post my monthly mileage after my run on Monday.

Church was awesome this morning. Pastor Jack's sermon was titled A Perfect Storm-Learning to exercise the authority of Jesus. The text was a passage I was familiar with, Mark 4:35-41 when Jesus calms the storm that was about to capsize the boat. Are you in a stormy situation right now? Let Jesus calm your storm.

The Roadrunners game was a blowout last night. The second game between them and the San Diego Gulls in as many nights. The Runners took the first game. But last night in the second game they blew them away 7-1. In the 3rd period you could sense the frustration of the Gulls and tempers flared. A full line brawls erupted with the game already out of reach so San Diego sent out their goons to take care of business. The Runners obliged them. The result? A full penalty box and 4 game misconducts (ejections). Very entertaining game if you like that kind of stuff.

It's gonna be a busy week this week. I work days all week and we have the Harvest Festival Monday night, Tuesday is our home group, Wednesday is Youth and Thursday is the Drop In Center and Saturday is the Garage Sale for the Summer Missions Trips. I also have to squeeze my training in between work and these events. Oh well, shouldn't have any trouble sleeping this week. HA!

Soooooo...I'm going to enjoy the rest of my Sunday and just R-E-L-A-X! Sunday is my only day that I don't do training for my upcoming Marathon. Total rest day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Keith said...

I don't have a clue. I do know that we will not be attending the band competition on New Years Day. I work day shift both New Years Eve and New Years Day. But I will be going to the Roadrunners games both nights. I don't want to interfere with mom's plans for you guys. But you are more than welcome to catch the New Years Eve game with us and can stay at our place that night. Although our place is kind of small, we'll cram people in somewhere.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home