Monday, October 31, 2005

Awesome Harvest Festival & Prayer Requests

Well I just got back from the church. What an awesome time at the Harvest Festival. It was H-U-G-E! It was also very well attended. They had tons of stuff for the little kids and then in the gym we had Sumo Wrestling in those funky inflatable sumo suits and a velcro wall that the kids would jump on and stick themselves to while wearing a suit that sticks to velcro.

My mileage for the month of October was 57.6 miles. I am really feeling good about this training and am faithfully sticking to the training plan and diet so far. I am having fun this year and will be doing Jeff Galloway's Run/Walk method for the marathon. My plan is to run for 4 minutes and walk for 1 minute from the beginning to the end of the marathon. I anticipate that this will keep me from hitting that dreaded wall that I have hit in my past 2 marathons and hopefully I'll be able to walk the next day.

A couple of prayer requests. The first one is for Patty. She has an appointment with an ENT doctor this Thursday. Our primary care physician referred her there because of the frequent headaches and dizziness she keeps experiencing. He thinks they may be related to her sinuses and may benefit from surgery. So keep her in prayer that the Lord will heal her and the ENT Doctor will be able to correctly diagnose her condition.

We were supposed to have our Tuesday Night Home Group Bible Study tomorrow night at Lora Doncea's house. It has been cancelled due to her father's illness. He was taken to the hospital in Show Low last night then transported by helicopter the Desert Sam in Mesa today. He has a critically low white blood cell count and has been stabilized but they are running tests to find out what is causing it. Pray that he will be healed of this condition. His name is Steve.

I totally forgot in an earlier post to mention the National Weather Service Union Convention. It is being held in Scottsdale this year and will be this Saturday and Sunday the 5th and 6th. I am the Union Steward in our office so I sort of have to go.

That's all from here today. Keep on pushin' on folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home