Friday, November 18, 2005

A good trip and a great show

Well I'm back folks. I had a good trip. But it was a lot of driving which got pretty boring at times but the trip went without any troubles. It's great to be back home.

Patty and I went to The Fall Brawl Tour tonight. Great show. Flyleaf opened up and they were pretty good. I was impressed. They kind of reminded me of Evanescence, probably because their lead singer was female and had a wonderful voice. She could sing beautifully and scream loudly. A heavy metal chick. Taproot came out and played a tight set. We had seen them at the Chevelle concert awhile back. Their performance was solid, but the lead singer was spewing the "F" word while he was bantering between songs. I mean it was pretty pointless just to say it constantly. Who knows? Maybe he was just pissed off tonight.

Now let's talk about P.O.D's performance. W-O-W! It was the bomb! I think they did one song off the new CD. But they certainly didn't disappoint with their old school stuff. It was kind of like a greatest hits set. I love that they are a christian band but can play with the secular folks. All of their songs are positive but rock real hard. And Sonny can rap pretty good too.

Staind was awesome too. Most folks were there to see them. I love the emotion that Aaron has when he is singing the songs. It is his way of dealing with his anger and past addictions. It was a great show and I'm glad we went.

Ironically, Teen Challenge was holding their banquet right next door at the Marriot and that is where we parked. What a surprise when Patty and I saw Andrew after the show walking to the Teen Challenge bus. It was great to see him and chat with him for a bit.

I'm off to bed. Gonna do a 10 miler tomorrow. Nighty nite folks. I'm off to Zzzzzzzzz-town.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pinay said...

Good to hear all those Sir! Have a restful sleep to both of you.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

I already read your review. Excellent review by the way. But were there any mosh pits? heh heh. I don't get in them, but I sure like to watch them. I'm too old for that stuff. Plus I like to watch the show instead of finding some guy I can run into as hard as I can!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home