Friday, November 25, 2005

What I am thankful for

First and foremost I am thankful to my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ for His grace and mercy.

I am thankful for a wonderful wife who has been my companion and best friend for over 18 years now. I love you Patty and am so grateful for you.

I am thankful for my daughter Shannon who is a young lady now. You are very special to me.

I am thankful for my parents. They brought me up in a Christian home. I know it was hard for them to watch their son run away from the Lord for so long. But like the prodigal son, they were waiting with open arms when he came running back. I love you guys.

I am thankful for my brother Carl and his wonderful family. I value his advice and wisdom and couldn't ask for a nicer brother.

I am thankful for my other daughter Jessica who lives in California. I thank the Lord that He is healing our relationship and my prayer is that He will continue to do so.

I am thankful for sobriety. I had abused drugs and alcohol for most of my life. It was only through God's grace and His mercy that saved me from the hell that was addiction.

I am thankful for our church home, Vineyard Community Church of Gilbert Arizona, where we have been attending for a year now. I have been discipled there more than I have in any other church. Ben doesn't know it yet, but he has had a remarkable effect on me in how we should treat others that do not know Christ. Thank you for allowing Patty and I work with the Youth alongside you. You are awesome and I love ya man!

I am thankful for Pastor's Jack, Mark and Danny. You guys are the best. I learn from your sermons each and every time. Thank you for being used by God to teach the Good Word.

I am thankful for my good buddy Joe. You can do it man! Hang in there and rely on God always. He will get you over the hump.

I am thankful that I will be going on a mission trip this summer to work with autistic kids. Thanks Mandy for leading this group and I am sure it will be very rewarding.

I could go on and on and I'm sure I would still miss someone or something, but these are near the top so I'll just leave it at that.

I hope each and every one of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and may the Lord richly bless each and everyone of you and your families.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pinay said...

Those are lovely reflections and rewarding thanksgiving. It feels good to recognize what you are grateful about. It's like declaring every victory that you get. I'm sure each of the people you mentioned (and the others, too) will be blessed knowing they made an impact in your life. It's healthy feeling both ways. I rejoice with you in the Lord. I pray that God will abound you with many more reasons to be grateful about.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Pinay said...

Sir Keith! my blog is fixed. I did it! haha! Thanks for everything!

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home