Saturday, December 10, 2005

A pretty good week

Well I have had a pretty good week this week. Had my one and ONLY day off yesterday and got in a great long run. But the air was horrible. It really bothered me towards the end of the run. It just felt like I couldn't catch my breath at all. Running and high pollution days don't mix. But it was really the only day I could squeeze in my long run as I am working days over the weekend.

Next week I head out for a 3 day trip for work again. This will be the Interstate 10 leg of my inspections and I will be going as far as Blythe CA. I'll also head north a ways up to Parker along the River. On the way back I'll head to Alamo lake State Park which is one of my favorite places because the lake is so beautiful. It is a beautiful lake in the middle of the desert literally out in the middle of nowhere. I'll leave Monday morning and get back Wednesday late afternoon.

Last night was our annual church Christmas Banquet which was really fun. We took along Patty's sister and she had a great time. She is going through a rough time right now so keep her in your prayers. I think it cheered her up a bit and I was glad she came along with us.

Tonight I am going with Patty to her office Christmas party. I'm going to dine on prime rib and basically sit around and watch people get drunk. Actually though, I went last year and it was pretty good.

I'm feeling really good about my running at this time. I've kind of adjusted my training schedule to align a bit more with my work schedule and the holidays. I'm not going to kill myself getting ready for this like I have in the past. The cold I had awhile back also threw me behind a bit as far as mileage goes. I'll still get in one 20 miler about 3 weeks before my marathon and will then start tapering for the big day. I know I will finish, it's just a matter of when. I think I am going to surprise myself with this Jeff Galloway run/walk method. We'll see. I've experimented with it on my long runs and it really saves your legs in the later miles. I think I may even try and do the RnR Half in under 2 hours just to see how good it works. Patty is going to walk with her sister so I will be sort of on my own. But I may just hang with some of the Vineyard folks and fellowship with them for 13.1 miles.

The break from the Youth and the drop in center has been refreshing. I appreciate Ben for doing that as I feel it is healthy for people to take breaks every once in awhile.

Well that's all for now. I'll blog some more when I get back from my trip. Til next week. Adios! And blessings to you all.

2 Comments:

Blogger friend said...

Thanks for the update Keith. You rock!!!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Pinay said...

Have a safe trip, Sir! God bless you. ^^

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home