Saturday, December 03, 2005

Sometimes you have to say no

I was planning on going to the men's breakfast this morning. I really would have liked to, but I just couldn't fit it in. I was at church last night after working a full week and training runs squeezed in between. I helped with the baybysitting as the ladies were having their Christmas Party and we were babysitting kids to raise funds for the mission trips. We took the older ones to the gym and the babies stayed in the nursery. I had to get my long run in sometime over the weekend and the only time I really had time to do it was Saturday morning. I was planning on doing twelve but that turned into 7.5. I just didn't really have it today. But I did run and this morning I did it without headphones and just talked to God and enjoyed all of the nature and sounds He has created.

In my old church, I would have been chastised for not going to the breakfast. That's how they were over there. You were always expected to be there when the doors were open. Unreal. I have never been made to feel this way yet at the Vineyard. They value servanthood but they also value your family too.

All this to say that sometimes it is okay to say no when you have to. God will take care of the rest. I hope each and everyone of you have a blessed and restful weekend. My mileage for the month of November was 72 miles. It's increasing by the month. But I am having fun this time and not taking it all too seriously. I'll finish when I finish. No time goals this time. Just go out, relax when I'm running, talk to God, Git r' Dun!

Later!

2 Comments:

Blogger friend said...

Good for you for saying no- extra things need to remain that....extra if you have it and feel free. Sometimes required things also need to have a big "no." I'd rather have a healthy no and reorg of life before a yes that stretches a family and your own rest too thin. Sometimes the world is so lazy - but you are not one of those - for you rest is good - for the lazy people they should step up more.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Pinay said...

Thank God for weekends. I had a great one. This time busy yet fun!

Saying No-- i always believe it's healthy. I should really learn to say this more often when needed.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home