Sunday, December 18, 2005

Matthew 20:26-28

26) But among you it should be quite different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, 27) and whoever wants to be first must become your slave. 28) For even I, the Son of Man, came here not to be served but to serve others, and to give my life as a ransom for many.

Jesus described leadership from a new perspective. Instead of "using" people, we are to "serve" them. Jesus' mission was to serve others and to give his life away. A real leader has a servant's heart. Servant leaders appreciate others' worth and realize that they're not above any job. If you see something that needs to be done, don't wait to be asked. Take the initiative and do it like a faithful servant.

Thank you Lord for your grace and mercy. I ask and pray that you will take me and mold me into the servant that you want me to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home