Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Servant Evangelism and a Wonderful Story

Well last night I had the opportunity to deliver presents to kids who had a parent in prison as part of our church servant evangelism project. There were several of us who showed up and I think it was Ben who sorted out the gifts by geographical area. Whoever did it, thanks man! It sure made it easy getting to the addresses. The only problem I had was that one of the addresses was an apartment complex with no apartment number on my sheet. So I called the phone number that was on the sheet and found out which apartment it was. It took us about a half hour or so to find the apartment as it was dark and there were several buildings in the complex.

We got to the church about 530 or so and broke up into teams. I was teamed with my daughter Shannon. It was a wonderful opportunity for us to do this together and I really enjoyed it. Patty was home with a migraine but is doing much better today. This was the first time I have ever done servat evangelism outside of the drop in center. What a rewarding experience it was. The looks on the kids faces said it all. I was very glad that I was a part of this as it was very rewarding to me personally. Just going out and giving to the less fortunate just as Christ would. Loving the people right where they are at in life. These kids now have some presents to open at Christmastime that otherwise may have received nothing due to their unfortunate circumstances. May they see Christ's love through some people in their community.

Yesterday I received a call from our weather observer up in Globe. She had some electrical work done earlier in the day and after they left her digital display was not working anymore. I headed up there first thing this morning. It turned out to be a very minor problem and I was getting ready to leave. She asked about the guy I replaced and I told her he was retiring and that his retirement dinner was the night before the PF Changs race. Well that got us into a discussion about how I started running, which was when I quit drinking etc etc. She said that that was quite a testimony. It turns out that she is a Christian, has a son about my age that is a Pastor at a church associated with The Potter House and we just talked and talked. She apologized for me having to drive all the way up to Globe for such a minor problem. I then told her that I was glad I did because it was so nice to talk to a sister in Christ. She then gave me a hug and saw me to the door. It just made my day. She was such a dear sweet lady and was just thrilled to hear my testimony. I also spoke to her about the mission trips this summer and we just had good nice conversation. It's a small world ain't it?

Well after work today I'm off for a 6 miler. catch ya'll on the flip side. I'm out!

2 Comments:

Anonymous andie kincaid said...

neat-o web page uncle keith.... my family and i did a similar thing passing out christmas gifts @ a apartment complex, where the kids came and picked things they liked out of a whole bunch of toys our church had donated, its one of the very few things i've ever done that was worth getting up early to do!! no really, you were head on when you said the kids faces say it all... anyways

M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S!!!

i'm so glad we're here getting to visit yall... *andie*

1:02 PM  
Blogger Pastor Troy D. Bohn said...

HELP! That is the best way that I can say it right now concerning what is about to happen here in New Orleans.

Undoubtedly, the whole nation’s attention was upon New Orleans and the whole Gulf Coast in the wake of Hurricane Katrina and the devastation that followed when our levee system failed and we found New Orleans 80% under water!

Well, the attention that we were getting has decreased and the type of attention that is being paid to the city now is not the attention that will truly have the biggest long term impact.

While the Mayor, the Governor, the President, FEMA, the Army Corp of Engineers and a plethora of other private and governmental agencies argue and debate on the rebuilding of a city—the Church needs to instead be focusing on the unprecedented Harvest and Revival opportunity that this has presented the Gulf Coast and this Nation.

HELP! Is how one could simply break down the vision that Paul received when his brother needed him to come to Macedonia at a pivotal time for that region.

Acts 16:9-10 says, “And a vision appeared to Paul in the night. A man of Macedonia stood and pleaded with him, saying, Come over to Macedonia and help us. Now after he had seen the vision, immediately we sought to go to Macedonia, concluding that the Lord had called us to preach the gospel to them.”

When we began our work full time here in New Orleans in 2003, the Holy Spirit spoke to us that (He) “was sending REVIVAL upon the Gulf Coast of the USA and that we needed to network with the Body of Christ in preparation for this time” Luke 5:1-7

In a couple of months, February 24-28, 2006, RAVEN Ministries will be hosting their 10th annual Mardi Gras Outreach in New Orleans. This is a gathering of believers from all over the country who come to share the LIVING WORD with a DYING WORLD.

In the months since Katrina we have personally seen approximately 400 people come to the Lord Jesus Christ in the French Quarter and on Bourbon Street. The “harvest is ready to be harvested but the labors are too few.”

Please come and help us! You can get more information and contact us through our website at www.BigGrace.com and then click on the Mardi Gras Outreach button or you can email me, Pastor Troy D. Bohn, at ravenmail@cox.net or call me at our offices anytime at 504-304-6534

We NEED you here with us for this time. THIS is where we can break the back of the devil over this city and see revival spread throughout this nation—but we need your help to do it.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home