Thursday, June 15, 2006

Gone for a week

Well I am officially on vacation right now and don't go back to work until July 5th. Today was spent getting a haircut, doing laundry, and packing for my trip to Camp Barnabas. We are leaving tomorrow morning and flying into the Tulsa Airport and renting 3 vans from there. We will come back the evening of the 23rd. Patty and I are going to Wal Mart early this evening and picking up some last minute items I need for camp, grabbing a bite to eat, then I'm turning in bright and early tonight so I'll be well rested for this upcoming week.

I will be going with a group from our church and we will be serving autistic children between the ages of 7 and 17. I am so looking forward to this and pray that the Lord will bless my camper and allow me to be a blessing to him also. Pray for our entire group for safe travel, health, and a challenging yet rewarding experience. That we will be able to leave our comfort zones and be a witness and example of Christ's love for us. Also pray for my tobacco habit. Hopefully, tonight will be my last use of it. God can make me comfortable I am sure. He took drugs and alcohol away for good, He can take this too. I just have to do my part and be willing to leave it in His hands.

See you all in a week.

Blessings,
Keith

2 Comments:

Blogger Pinay said...

God bless you and your team on your Mission Trip. I know you can win over that tobacco habit through God's mercy. Be strong!

Oh, I'm excited to hear all about your trip when you come back! You know, I personally have passion with special children.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Pinay said...

Happy Father's Day!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home