Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Look out Arizona

My daughter Shannon passed her driving test yesterday and is now a licensed driver. It was kind of funny how she described her test. She had been getting instruction from the AAA driving school and she was out with her instructor Katherine. They were out on the freeways the first hour then exited and she just did what the instructor told her to do and ended up back at our house. The instructor then told her she passed. The thing is, Shannon didn't even know she was taking the "official test" while she was driving.

After Patty got off work she took Shannon to the DMV and Shannon received her drivers license. I then went online to put her on our insurance and I was absolutely FLOORED when the new premium popped up on my screen. It freaking doubled my premium. Unbelievable!

So Patty and I laid down the rules of her first few months of driving alone. She cannot use her cell phone while driving. And no friends in the car for the first couple of months. As a parent it is going to be hard for us while she is out driving. I will not be able to relax until I know she is home safe and sound.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yay for Shannon! I'll be sure to avoid the sidewalks. ;)

11:53 AM  
Blogger The Sham Chef said...

Look Out!!!!!!

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember way back when and you
were a 16 year old driver in the
Wisconsin ice and snow. I was a
nervous wreck.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CoMe On I aM nOt ThAt BaD!!! I aM aN aMaZiNg DrIvEr!!!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home