Monday, June 18, 2007

It's a small world

I went to Dave's blog after he made a comment on mine a while back. He resides in Atlanta and is a lawyer. He writes some interesting stuff on his blog Rather Than Working. I have commented on some of his posts and read his posts.

Anyhow, I'll get to the point. He had a contest to give something away to the first person that hit 5000 on his site meter. It turns out I won. He originally was giving away $50 at Amazon or any site that took a major credit card. After I won, I talked with my wife Patty and she informed me of some needs at the orphanage we support in Imuris, Sonora, Mexico.

I shot Dave an email and gave him the link to the site of the Casa De Elizabeth Orphanage and told him to make a donation to them or he could send it to Patty and I directly and she could get what they need because she knows and will be driving down there this weekend with Hannah. Dave then emailed me back and said he would gladly send it to me. Not only did he do this, he also solicited donations from his site. How cool is that man?

Dave, I thank you! Be well my friend.

Keith

1 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

That's so awesome! I liked his part about the ice cream cone. It's definitely a sight to see when they do get ice cream. I'm sure you remember when we were in Magdalena.

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home