Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A group of 6 of us went to the orphanage this past weekend. It was a wonderful time and a blessing as usual. Here are a few of the highlights for me this weekend.

A co-worker of mine sponsored some siblings at the orphanage. She gave me some gifts for her kids to bring down on this trip. She also included a picture of her and her family. These kids were so proud of their sponsors it brought some wetness to my eyes. They were more interested in the photos of their new sponsor family than they were of the gifts. They gave Hannah some letters to bring back and I handed them to Leslie (my co-worker) this morning. I told her what one of the letters said a little bit because my cousins husband, Guillermo interpreted it for me. Leslie started crying. Her and her husband Paul and possibly their oldest boy Jaden will accompany us down there in two weeks.

One of my favorite boys, Abraham was gone. That bummed me out a little bit because him and I were getting close. Guadalupe was fun as he always is. Now he just follows me around wherever I go. Saturday night we got to watch a movie. It was pretty fun.

I had some fun with the English-Spanish dictionary while I was there. Page 126 had some pretty interesting phrases and words. Cuss words. I found it quite amusing and asked some of the kids what it meant. Probably not a good idea, but I was only kidding around and having some fun. Hannah tore the page out and kept me in check!

Hannah told Manuel she was moving down there on Jan 4th. You could tell he was elated about it by the expression on his face. He said something to the effect that "we need more people like you". And ya know what? He's right!

I also so enjoy watching my wife Patty while we're down there. It is her passion ministering to those kids. You can tell by watching her interact with them. Even though the trips can get you tired sometimes because you are always on the go, she just is a different person when she goes down there.

On the way back we stopped at Pizza Hut in Tucson and met my parents, my grandma, and my cousin Jael and her husband Guillermo. My mom's birthday was Saturday so we spent about an hour with them.

Monday I left for work at 6 am. I had to drive out to Casa Grande to relocate some weather equipment. I usually have someone with me but I did this one solo. It involves a lot of digging (a 50-foot trench) and lifting. I did not get home until almost 6:30 pm.

So this morning I woke up and guess what? I was sore as hell. Everything, arms, chest, back, legs, even my fingers from squeezing. It will probably be even worse tomorrow. But I did get that station relocated and the new one is up and running.

Bryant got baptised Sunday morning. When I got home there was a message on my answering machine from Ben. It turned out he was asking me to baptise Bryant. But I was in Mexico. I did get to see the photo though of the baptism. Awesome.

Be well folks and be MoVeD! And don't swear in Spanish!

5 Comments:

Blogger Bryant said...

Sounds like Mexico was a blast!
It's so awesome that Hannah is moving down there!
I read about that dictionary thing on Hannah's blog. She left your name out of it though, honestly, I figured it was Jordan. Last time he was going on and on with one of those.
That's hilarious, but I guess Hannah did the right thing.

The baptism was something I did because I felt God pushing me to. I was baptized when I was nine, but I don't think I really grasped what I was doing. This time I did,
it's all about Him. I just hope that my life will bring God glory.

See you later bro!

Blessings,
Bryant

7:24 PM  
Blogger Pinay said...

Nice to read about this entry. And yes, don't swear in any language!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

It's crazy... 2 of your favorites have left already - Deissy and now Abraham. It definitely gets hard to see them go, and some are easier to get over than others - as sad as that is.

I am so excited for Patty and you to take over the trips. I have confidence in both of you to be the good leaders that you are. I appreciate you and Patty in the roles you have been in my own life, and I see it in so many others as well.

As for the whole cussing thing - I don't have a problem with it persay. The thing I do have a problem with is teaching the kids that breaking Manuel & Gaby's rules is okay. I choose not to cuss for my own reasons, but there are people I do feel like I have more of a freedom to cuss around than others. You definitely weren't entirely in the wrong - I am sure they knew you were just kidding around. Yet, I had to make a point to my boy - who immediately said "chi**a" to me right after I ripped up the paper (of course he said it with an innocent, I'm so cute and funny type of smile). :)

10:17 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

I am not above correction Hannah and I take no offense in correction. I was just kidding around not even thinking about what a bad influence I was being in the moment. I need accountability too just like everybody else.

And to Pinay, you are absolutely correct. You should not swear in ANY language.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Awesome report on your trip.
PEACE today at least -hopefully all over, soon.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home