Saturday, January 19, 2008

Happenings

Lots going on in my life at this time.

Last night I took some of the Amadeo Youth to the Rage Music Festival way out on the West side. Project 86 closed out the night headlining on the main stage. I also enjoyed this group called Flatfoot 56 who really compared to Flogging Molly. Celtic Punk Rock with a Christian twist. It was way cool.

Patty took them out there this morning and dropped them off. I get to pick them all up this evening. I get off of work at 10 pm and will drive out there to get them.

Tomorrow Patty and I are both going with the same kids and I get to see Red again who are very good in concert. So we will not be at church tomorrow.

I am going to lunch with Robert Monday to talk about Amadeo stuff and Tuesday we're going over to Ben's for dinner.

Youth starts back up on the 28th and we'll meet every Monday night through June. I love that Amadeo takes a break twice a year to relax. It's healthy.

Going to the orphanage next weekend and will be heading down Saturday with my co-worker Leslie and her family. Patty will be leaving Friday evening with the group.

I will be meeting with the Youth that will be going to Northern Ireland with me this summer to have our letter writing party to solicit donations and/or prayer for this 3 week Project Serve trip.

I really want to start a recovery group at Amadeo for those struggling with addiction. I need to meet with another guy in our church who is willing to partner with me in getting this started.

We will be using the Celebrate Recovery material I think. I need to review it first before I make a final decision. But I can tell you this, if I am called to anything, it is to those who are struggling in this area.

Patty and Shannon started a crash course at the Community College in conversational spanish. That will be every Thursday night from 8 to 10 pm for about 10 or 12 weeks. Their first class was this past Thursday and Patty really enjoyed it.

Lots going on, but it's all good.

Be nice, be blessed and be MoVeD!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Keith, my friend - with a schedule like that, if you weren't already MoVED, you sure will be - won't 'cha now?
That is all really fantastic to hear all the things you - and Patty - are doing with/for the youth and for the orphans too. Keep up the great work!

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying for you mate,

T

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home