Saturday, March 22, 2008

Taxes are done!

You gotta love TurboTax man! I finished the Federal and State returns today and have already sent them electronically. We are getting back money from both. Plus we're getting $1200 from the "Bush Stimulus Deal". Yeah! My bet is it will NOT stimulate the economy and in fact cost the USA a lot more in handing out the cash. But, I'll take it and share it with the orphanage.

I bought a book today written by Bruxy Cavey who is the teaching pastor of The Meeting House, "a church for people who aren't into church", in the Greater Toronto Area. It sounds like it will be a great read and is for those that are sick of religion, but instead want to be like Jesus and follow His ways.

I love the newest translation of the Bible called The Message. In the preface of the book it says this...

Read these words of Jesus slowly and thoughtfully to see if they resonate with you:

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real test. Walk with me and work with me - watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." (Matthew 11:28-30, MSG)

If you're bogged down by rules, regulations, legalism and church politics...

Step back and breathe. Turn to the Father and He will walk you through it. Follow His lead and you can't go wrong.

Happy Easter everyone. Enjoy your family and friends. Encourage one another, don't drag people down.

Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home