Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Random stuff

My life has been pretty good the past few weeks.

I was able to encourage another brother who is going through a difficult time right now.

I had a God moment a week and a half ago. I never take my cell phone into my office when I go to work, I usually leave it in the car. For some reason I brought it with me on this day. It rang and I answered it. It was a friend of mine that went to our old church we were a part of for 10 years. He doesn't go there anymore either. Anyhow, another couple him and his wife know were having problems where alcohol abuse may be a factor. He called me asking if he could pass on my contact info to this couple. I said okay and the guy called me and I met with him at Starbucks for about an hour. The wife also called me and I spoke at length with her over the phone. I gave them some advice and recommendations and have left it at that for now. I will check back with them next week sometime. So that was my God moment.

Patty and I have been hitting the gym on a regular basis and I am feeling great. It is great to be back in the groove again and trying to eat better and exercise more.

Patty is having a bit of a health scare though so pray for her that it is nothing serious. She started getting these strange headaches on one side of her head about 15 minutes into exercising. She went to a Neurologist who scheduled an MRI which was done today. The follow-up appointment is on Monday Aug 4th...the day before we leave for our getaway to Carlsbad by the Sea in the San Diego area. Our 21st wedding anniversary is on the 7th.

I went to a pretty wild concert last Friday called The Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival. It started at 2 pm and ended at 11 pm and was outdoors and the temp was 112 that day. I went with a friend from work who is an atheist. We talk a lot about his beliefs and my beliefs and we're both okay with that. We get along well and he doesn't feel threatened by me because I don't judge him or cut him down. He respects me and I respect him. We had a blast at the concert and I survived the wildest and craziest show that I have ever been to in my life.

Some friends of mine are having some financial struggles right now and I was able to help them out a little bit with sending their kid to marching band camp. It was a blessing to help them and I know they would do the same for me if I was in their situation.

I am thinking seriously about starting a small group. I would love to do it on Donald Miller's book Blue Like Jazz or the book I am reading right now called authentic relationships that I have posted about in the past week or so.

I am really enjoying this season I am in right now in my journey of following Christ. I am trying to encourage others as much as I can and it is awesome.

Next Sunday I will be going to Amadeo to hear my buddy Mark B. preach. He is a true friend who has always stayed in touch with me since we left. That's what a true friend does. We have gone out to lunch on numerous occasions and will be doing it again this Friday.

I will be off of work for the first part of August and am so looking forward to Patty and I getting out of the heat and heading to the cool breezes off of the Pacific Ocean in Southern California.

My daughter Shannon is considering moving out soon. She makes good money now and I know that she can do it as long as she can manage her finances in a responsible manner. She is an adult now and is taking the steps to being out on her own. Pray for her and for God to open doors for her as she spreads her wings out in the real world.

Peace out for now! Encourage somebody today. Do something nice for someone just because you can and it will make you feel good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Hope the tests Patty has to have all come back fine and dandy! Anytime we have to have special tests, not feeling quite right, etc., life can get pretty stressful then. Try to stay cool, calm and collected. I know you faith will keep you on the right track.

2:24 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

Jeni,

Thanks so much for your comments and your concern. but above all else...your encouragement and positive attitude. I can only hope and pray that I handle these things the way that you have handled what you have been through. You have given me an excellent example to follow.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home