Monday, November 17, 2008

Goings on

I had a pretty cool weekend.

Went to a guys baby shower called "beer for diapers". Cool concept. You bring the diapers, and the new dad gives you beer. Or in my case, root beer. It was a very enjoyable evening. Talked to some folks that I met just that evening. Got to see Vu, who I hadn't seen in a long time. It was good to see him. Pastor Danny and Lonnie were there as was Britt. Most I did not know too well, but I got to know them a bit better. Oh yeah, and Micah Killough was there too.

Most of the guys played poker. I'm not much of a card player so I opted out of that activity. But Obie purchased the PPV UFC fight that night so we all watched that too while the guys played poker. It was a cool evening.

Sunday was a trip. It was Patty and I's first Sunday with the 2 and 3 year olds at church. We are going to do it once a month. It was fun, yet very humbling to me. Let's put it this way, I'm glad Patty was there too. ;-)

Today I went to work and went out to two of my sites for the annual inspections. I was in Florence and also at Ashurst Hayden Dam. Tomorrow I'll go by Mesa and East Mesa. I also have an appointment with the counselor. She wants a one on one with me following the one on one she had with Shannon last week.

Patty is in a funk. She's been battling with depression lately. Just pray for her.

The highlight of my week this week will be the Five Finger Death Punch concert tomorrow night at The Marquee. I've been looking forward to this concert for quite awhile. It should be a very rowdy evening. Obie's going with me too and I'm especially looking forward to him going with me.

I am also looking forward to going to feed the homeless on the 29th.

Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home