Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Crazy Shit

I had a very nice time of reflection the last couple of days. I went up to Payson to be by myself and to think about a lot of crazy shit that is going on in my head right now. The bottom line...I can't change other people. I can only change my attitude towards them. Sometimes life is shitty. We need to deal with it and move on. I don't know why it's that way, but it is.

When I was sitting in church Sunday morning, Pastor Jack's topic was about weathering the storm. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, has storms in their lives. This is inevitable. But it is how we deal with these storms that matters.

I am done being angry. I am done feeling sorry for myself. It's time to accept what life deals me and move on.

I can say this...2010 is going to be a lot better than 2009 was. I can sense it. I just have a peace about things now that I didn't have before.

Be well, and be blessed. May your 2010 bring you peace and happiness.

Peace!

5 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

No, you can't change others. Look for the good and build on it.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

My dear son had a bit of an episode on Saturday night -much like what you are talking about here except his was fueled by his real nemesis -alcohol. But he was definitely in the "poor me" mode and wanting to change this, that and everything imaginable. The mantra I had for him was "change what you can, which is only yourself." By Sunday afternoon, he ended up calling his Dad -not once, but twice -and from the bits and pieces he told me about those conversations, it sounds pretty much like dear old Dad followed through and told him a lot of the same things I'd told him the night before. You're so right about life occasionally turning downright shitty on us from time to time, but you have the most powerful tools available to you to turn things around, to make lemonade out of the lemons, ya know.
And you know, you've got lots and lots of folks cheering you on too, don't you?
Peace.

10:28 PM  
Blogger On Porpoise said...

Let’s face it. There’s stuff in life that hurts, is frightening, incredibly joyous, humorous, tedious, boring, hazy and confounds our ability to understand it all. There’s even more about daily living on this planet that escapes trite, formulaic explanations. Let’s be honest. Life gets confusing and overwhelming. When my life gets this way, I go for a long walk on the beach. It’s what happened to me during one of these walks that prompted me to write this book. It’s about the reality for the rest of us, picking up where the purpose-driven perspective some people are peddling peters out. It’s The Porpoise Diving Life.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

On Porpoise,

I'm with ya. If this is who I think it is, I have a link to the Porpoise Diving Life website on my blog. I love your stuff and totally agree with what you post there.

Peace!
Keith

5:11 PM  
Blogger Pinay said...

That was really nice. Thank you. I learned from this post.

Greetings!

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home