Sunday, January 15, 2006

Finish Times

Well I finished in 2:40 and Patty and Maureen in 3:40. I actually feel great at the moment. Although a bit tired from the long day and the great meal we enjoyed a few hours ago. Maureen was very excited about finishing her very first race. I am happy and proud of her. This was Patty's third and she was a trooper supporting her sister. I myself could have done better had I pushed myself. But I had a blast. I do think my time would have been much better had I been more up front. This was a HUGE event with 35,000 people and there was just no room to move. It was harder than some of my longer training runs I've done so far because I was darting in and out of crowds of people. We'll see what the full marathon does for me on February 19th. It will be a much smaller affair and the setting will be much more relaxed. Time will tell. I'm just sitting up now waiting for Shannon to call from work so I can pick her up. Patty's already in dreamland, sound asleep. Catch ya'll later. Good night!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! One for each of you.

7:40 PM  
Blogger xfevv said...

Way to go man!! Jen and I both did pretty well. She ran hers in two hours fifteen minutes and I was just a bit slower tha you at two hours and forty one minutes. The other two runners from church that I know of Reston Condit and Darcy Barnett ran one hour fifty eight minutes and two hours and five minutes. prteey good overall. God bless man

7:38 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

Awesome! I was curious as to what your experience was starting farther up at the front. I was in the next to last corral and really had a problem negotiating around people. I just could not get into a good set pace at all. I have run a 2:07 or 2:09 half in the past. Not sure exactly but it was one of those.

Sounds like Jen ran very well. I don't really know Reston or Darcy. Probably would know who they were by face from church though. But under 2 hours is really awesome.

You and I were almost exactly the same time 2:40 and 2:41. Do I get some sort of handicap for my age though? hahahaha.

Way to go man! It is truly an accomplishment to say that you have finished a half marathon. So how did you feel today?

9:06 AM  
Blogger xfevv said...

Believe it or not I am feeling pretty good today. On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being very good and 10 being hurts like hell I'm probably at a 2 or a 3. We got home yesterday and put our legs in the community pool. It was freezing but it helped. Then we spent the rest of the day just laying around. Went to PF Changs for dinner and the chilled the rest of the night. I guess jen is pretty sore though. Who would have guessed it?

12:29 PM  
Blogger Pinay said...

Sounds like you really had a great time! Good for you! I've never been in a marathon before.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Pinay said...

i mean, never been in a marathon, ever. =P

5:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey kieth! Wish I could have seen you two when I was back home, but I didn't see you guys at church! :/ It seems your training is going fairly well right now congrats on that. I will be praying for your Feb marathon. You'll have great timing. I've never met someone so determined. It's impressive. Well, God bless hope all is well tell the fam I say hi!

Allyson

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home