Monday, April 17, 2006

So how was everyone's Easter Sunday? I do believe that it was the first Easter in a very long time that I did not go to church. But Patty and I actually did something important and that was go out to eat with her sister and her husband. It was very good fellowship and after that I got to go to work at 1 pm. So all in all it was a good day.

I am off today and head out on the I-8 portion of my roadtrip for work tomorrow. It will take me West into El Centro California and back and some points North and South of I-8. I'll leave tomorrow morning and come back to the office Thursday afternoon.

Easter Sunday was not so good for my friend. I have talked to him every single day, several times a day. I spoke with him yesterday right before I went to work and he seemed okay. I received a call this morning from his girlfriend. It was bad news. They cooked a rotisserie chicken on the grill yesterday that he was in charge of cooking. While it was cooking, he stepped out to get a bottle of booze and proceeded to drink himself into oblivion. The chicken on the rotisserie turned into a burnt crisp and was ruined. I am letting him sleep it off a bit right now and will head over there to see him. Hopefully he'll be able to get on the right track again. I'm just afraid that he will need to go through the withdrawal process all over again which is pretty miserable. But he did it to himself. pray that he gets through it okay. I'm still going to be his friend, but he needs to get off this stuff or he will die. I don't really know how much he drank, nor does his girlfriend. But my guess is that it was a fifth or more because she said she could not wake him at all and he was incoherent when he came back to the house. addiction is a vicious cycle that only gets worse every time you slip back into it. Sobriety has to be a way of life for an addict to stay well. She also said he has been mixing it with pills which is even more dangerous. Lord, heal my friend. Cast the demons of addiction from his body right now. Let him seek You when the temptation to drink or use comes upon him. Give him peace, grace and mercy Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home