Saturday, July 22, 2006

Fight for your marriage

I remember awhile back Ben posted something about fighting for your marriage. I have been talking to a friend of mine the past couple off days about fighting for his marriage. It is a bit difficult for me because Patty is in Ireland right now and this couple are friends of ours and I could definitely use her help in talking to the wife.. I just ask that you pray for them and that they put God first in their marriage. Pray to give me the words to speak to them. I am not a counselor by any means, but I am a brother in Christ to them and I can tell you one thing, Patty and I had our struggles while I was deep into my addictions. But God is better than those struggles and addictions. My wife is almost a saint for what she went through.

But the Lord healed me and made me into the person I am today and I hate to see marriages fail and I hate to see people hurt. I am blessed to say this, the day Patty gets back is August 6th. The following day is the 7th and we will celebrate 19 years of wedded bliss. Well at least the past 6 years have been blisfull.

Father God, I ask you to bless this couple and let them receive your mercy, healing and grace on their marriage. May they seek sound counsel and pray to You father God for the answers to the issues they are struggling with. Put a hedge of protection around them. Thank you Lord. The enemy will try to destroy it. But our Lord is protection from that enemy.

Be Moved!
Be Loved!

8 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

Yes, Lord and Amen.

and

Congratulations, Keith and Patty for 19 years! May God bless you with lots more happy wedded bliss.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Thanks Deborah. I was at church this morning in the 11 am service but had to leave right away because I had to be at work by 1. Actually I'm at work now.

I hope to meet you and your husband soon. Maybe we could get together when Patty gets back.

2:28 PM  
Blogger friend said...

I am praying

5:33 PM  
Blogger Carl Kincaid said...

I'm amazed at what God has done for you, to you, and through you. It's a real blessing to me, Keith.

Thanks for the note on my blog about my jamming. I hope to be able to share my first "recording" with you soon, probably a couple months away.

One of the guys on our praise team, Anthony Dominguez (www.strangefamilymusic.net) has started a music production company, and one of his first projects is going to be some friends and I doing "The Hymnots - Jazz Volume 1." (Or something like that, that's the working title.). He has an amazing studio set-up with all digital recording and mixing.

We have really gelled as a group, thanks especially to a guy who plays keyboards with us, an amazing Hammond B-3 organ player and pianist named Charles Moore. He played for gospel choirs in Black churches growing up, and he is AMAZING. He's really brought our praise team to a new level. Anyway, a couple months ago we started riffing on "Blessed Assurance," the old hymn, and put together a really swinging jazz/gospel arrangement. The feedback from people at church was really great. We were actually anxious that we'd offend some people, because it was full-blown jazz/blues-bar fare, only the basis was a hymn. So, now we've done arrangements of "Just a Closer Walk With Thee," "What a Friend we Have in Jesus," and today we debuted "How Great Thou Art." We're planning to add several other tunes like "He Keeps Me Singing," "Just as I Am," and an very cool Minor version of "Amazing Grace." I think you'd be very impressed. And it has been so incredibly cool to put together. Just total random improvising on the themes of these Hymns with a real Jazz/Blues mindset. It's not like it hasn't been done before, but we have really put our own stamp on it, and it's pretty neat. I can't wait until I get on a real live CD. I only wish it was still the vinyl era so I could have something big to show for my efforts. . . !

7:02 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Awesome bro'. Even though I'm not a listener of jazz or the blues myself (You know I'm a headbangin' metalhead and always will be hehehe) I certainly can appreciate musicianship. And I do understand that a lot of the kind of music I do like was influenced by the blues.

My brother can play the sax folks, and he's gonna be famous. The dude can also skateboard.

Thanks for the kind words Carl. You were a blessing to me and were there for me when I needed you too.

Love ya man!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Carl Kincaid said...

The cool thing is - and I know this is going to sound trite - is that it's really not about being famous. It has been so cool to play versions of these hymns where improvisation is such an integral part, yet the basis is something that has been so integral to my own spiritual development and life, that it transcends so many things for me. I have been thinking about how it's like "speaking in tongues," but musically. The whole "speaking in tongues" thing is so foreign to me. Never been around it. Certainly never been blessed with or by it. But playing these songs that are so spiritual to me, and being able to "interpret" them with other Christian friends musically, "real-time," is just beyond description. It is awesome, cool, fun, just incredible.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Pinay said...

Amen.

More blessings for your marriage Sir Keith and Ms. Patty!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Yes, Keith, we'd like that!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home