Saturday, July 22, 2006

Fight for your marriage

I remember awhile back Ben posted something about fighting for your marriage. I have been talking to a friend of mine the past couple off days about fighting for his marriage. It is a bit difficult for me because Patty is in Ireland right now and this couple are friends of ours and I could definitely use her help in talking to the wife.. I just ask that you pray for them and that they put God first in their marriage. Pray to give me the words to speak to them. I am not a counselor by any means, but I am a brother in Christ to them and I can tell you one thing, Patty and I had our struggles while I was deep into my addictions. But God is better than those struggles and addictions. My wife is almost a saint for what she went through.

But the Lord healed me and made me into the person I am today and I hate to see marriages fail and I hate to see people hurt. I am blessed to say this, the day Patty gets back is August 6th. The following day is the 7th and we will celebrate 19 years of wedded bliss. Well at least the past 6 years have been blisfull.

Father God, I ask you to bless this couple and let them receive your mercy, healing and grace on their marriage. May they seek sound counsel and pray to You father God for the answers to the issues they are struggling with. Put a hedge of protection around them. Thank you Lord. The enemy will try to destroy it. But our Lord is protection from that enemy.

Be Moved!
Be Loved!

6 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

Yes, Lord and Amen.

and

Congratulations, Keith and Patty for 19 years! May God bless you with lots more happy wedded bliss.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Thanks Deborah. I was at church this morning in the 11 am service but had to leave right away because I had to be at work by 1. Actually I'm at work now.

I hope to meet you and your husband soon. Maybe we could get together when Patty gets back.

2:28 PM  
Blogger friend said...

I am praying

5:33 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Awesome bro'. Even though I'm not a listener of jazz or the blues myself (You know I'm a headbangin' metalhead and always will be hehehe) I certainly can appreciate musicianship. And I do understand that a lot of the kind of music I do like was influenced by the blues.

My brother can play the sax folks, and he's gonna be famous. The dude can also skateboard.

Thanks for the kind words Carl. You were a blessing to me and were there for me when I needed you too.

Love ya man!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Pinay said...

Amen.

More blessings for your marriage Sir Keith and Ms. Patty!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Yes, Keith, we'd like that!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home