Thursday, January 25, 2007

A rant about highway debris

I have not had much luck lately in the vehicle department. Back on January 3rd I was rear-ended while driving our Ford Escape. A week or so before that I was driving home from work and a rock or some other piece of debris hit the windshield of my Honda Civic on Loop 202. This was not just a chip that can be repaired I don't think, but a long crack. It is not in the line of vision as far as driving goes, but with the heat that comes with living in the desert, I am sure the crack will spread and spider throughout the windshield.

Not much I could have done about it. I was not following a rock truck or dump truck or anything like that. That day, I think it was just thrown up by a vehicle and into my windshield. I didn't even see it, I just heard it.

Now onto my rant..................
Today I'm on my way home from work merging onto the 202 at Priest and Center Parkway. The traffic is not bad, but it was still pretty busy. I stay in the right two lanes because I then merge onto the Southbound 101. There's a BIG DUMP TRUCK in front of me and crap is flying out all over the place. On the rear of this dump truck are the words NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BROKEN WINDSHIELDS.

You can only guess what I'm going to say next. Bingo! You guessed right. Another nice crack in my windshield right above and to the right of the previous mentioned crack. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BROKEN WINDSHIELDS my ass! Why not? Why wasn't his crap covered up with a tarp or something?

Anyhow...have you ever seen that commercial on TV about the broken windshields and if you use their company they give you a box of free steaks? I guess I'm getting a new windshield and we're gonna have a nice steak dinner in the near future. SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still smiling though :-)

Be Moved!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Sham Chef said...

What can I say.... OUCH!

The Commander

6:40 PM  
Blogger Pinay said...

Glad to hear you're smiling... hope things get better.

9:58 PM  
Blogger friend said...

votYou are funny.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home