Friday, January 19, 2007

So for now, I guess our move will be on hold for awhile. We need another vehicle with Shannon working and graduating this May. So financially for us at this time, it is not feasible. After Patty and I discussed it a little bit, we decided to hold off for awhile. We will move, it is just a matter of when.

Life continues to be very busy. Patty is a lot less stressed with her job, but there is definitely a drawback. She gets off a lot later. She usually is not home until between 5:30 and 6 pm. So it has sort of thrown a curveball into our routine. And the car thing really sucks. I get home from work and Shannon takes the car to go to work as soon as I get home. At least she is getting more hours now. If I am working the evening shift, she usually gets a ride over to Patty's office and takes her car and Patty gets a ride home from work from a co-worker. So a third car will sure come in handy.

Another thing I haven't mentioned is that I will begin working strictly dayshifts beginning in March. I will be doing a lot more with the Cooperative Observer Network and will get to be out in the field more than 50% of the time. I will have a 4 day weekend every other weekend. So this will be a blessing as I will get more family time and will actually be able to be at the Drop-In Center for Amadeo every Monday night.

Patty and I have dropped our membership at Mountainside Fitness Center and decided to join the Lifetime Fitness Center which has a lot more amenities. It is huge man! A little bit pricier, but worth it in my opinion. With Patty's work hours we are trying a different routine. Having a snack then going to the gym right when she gets home so we can go together, then coming home and eating late. Not sure how it will work out but we're trying it. I am loving the pool and doing laps. But let me tell you something, swimming laps is VERY AEROBIC! Try it sometime. Just swim until you can't anymore. It kicks your ass, and is probably better for you than running. I haven't done it long enough yet, but I am sure it will do me some good. They also have much better treadmills at Lifetime. Racquetball too. Our goal is at least 4 times a week.

Amadeo continues to grow and it has been a great fit for us so far. It is challenging going on a church plant, but I feel blessed to be a part of it.

Be Moved!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home