Friday, January 05, 2007

A not so good beginning to 2007?

I have a lot on my mind right now. A lot of crap going on. I will not get into the car accident again, just read the previous post if you want to hear what happened. What I will write about here is after the accident.

Yesterday, which was the day after the accident, I spent at least 2 hours on the telephone talking to three different insurance companies. I had to give recorded statements to two of them. Yes, it needed to be done, but it was an inconvenience to me and took up a lot of my time. I still do not have an estimate for the damage on my vehicle yet and do not know where to take it yet as I am waiting for the insurance company of the guy who was cited in the accident for more info.

I read Pastor Ben's blog and his Dear Church writings. Check this one out as it is prophetic to me. Dear Church - the problem is you...

I really am struggling with my relationship to my daughter. I was not always a good father when I was a drunk. But I have strived to be a good one the last 6 plus years. Could I have done some things differently? Absolutely. Just pray for me and her. I need it and she needs it.

Towards the end of his post he talks about comforting your spouse even when she is depressed or down in the dumps. I always tend to just say "get over it and move on". But what Ben wrote makes a whole heck of a lot of sense. I can even strive to be this way for my daughter also.

The reason I say it is prophetic for me, was because most of what he wrote in that post applies to exactly what I am going through right now and I needed to hear these words. Thank you Ben and thank you God for using Ben to minister to me. Help me to be the Godly husband and father that I should be.

Now for the crummy stuff that happened.

I got to work and after all of the IT folks and El Techs had gone home, the crap hit the fan so to speak. I noticed that all of our products were not making it outside of our office. Our systems had failed and so had the back-up systems. Un-FREAKING-believable man! We had to pass on all of our area of responsibility to the Tucson office and I am sure that made their night. Yeah right!

Then I received info about my friend that I have talked about in the past. I had been mentoring and counseling him for quite sometime and then he began isolating himself again and I knew he was using again. But he would never fess up to it. Lied straight to my face, only I knew he was lying. I used to lie all the time too when I was using. To make a long story short, yes he has been using again. His wife told me that she has kicked him out and he is in a detox unit in Phoenix at this time. I am praying for him to call me. If he does I will go see him. If not, I will just continue to pray for him. Sometimes after you have worked with someone as long as I have with this individual, you have to let them fall flat on their face and hit bottom. Maybe this will be it for him, I don't know. Time will tell. He was even stealing pain pills from his own daughter for crying out loud. Lying and stealing, it all comes with being an addict. Pray for me and for my friend as I don't know how this story is going to end.

After all of this, Patty calls to inform me that our Kenmore fridge/freezer (Only 5 years old I might add) was not working. As in not cooling anything at all and stuff in the freezer was thawed and all of the ice had melted and dripped all over the floor. Good times eh? Anyhow, that was repaired today to the tune of $250.

But you know what? Through all of this I am still smiling. Because God is so good to me and floods me with His grace and mercy each and every day. I am blessed with many good things but sometimes you have to go through trials to get to the good stuff.

Keep being moved by God's love and you WILL get through those trials.

Be Moved!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Wow, that is a lot. Lord, bless the Kincaid family and bless and heal their relationships with each other in whatever way they need it. Help Keith Lord and give him your strength and guidance.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Pinay said...

Before the year 2006 ended, i was reminded of very good words, "Count your blessings." i was very upset then but the Lord was so good to remind me of His love. He is our Father who would never let bad things to happen to us. "In all things, give thanks" and that's what I'm focusing my eyes on this year. God bless you, and I pray that you win every battle you're into through Christ who strengthens us.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home