Friday, July 06, 2007

Got mosh?

I went to the Project 86 show last night at the Arizona Community Church. Our group included myself, Shannon, Susan, Meredith, Jared, Madison, Bryant and his younger brother, J and his two kids. Having never been to this church before, I was trying to envision in my mind them hosting Project 86. I was impressed when I got there. The activities center was a great place to have this show and I thought it was just awesome that Arizona Community Church hosted this thing. I mingled in between sets by the different bands and met some really cool people.

The first band was a local band called Downcast Fable from Peoria in the NW Valley. They were good, I just did not care for the style of music they played. The next band blew me away, literally. They hit the stage with an allout assault on the eardrums and didn't let up until they were done. They were called Inhale/Exhale and were from Ohio. Hardcore is all I'm gonna say. Right up my alley and I enjoyed their set a lot. The pit was crazy. I was not even brave enough to step into this one. But leave it to Bryant man! He jumped right into the middle of it. I was impressed to say the least. And...he didn't get hurt. His little brother really enjoyed the show and it was his first ever concert. We even stayed around after the show so he could get Project 86 to sign his poster.

The next band was Showbread. They were from Georgia. Great talent, the sound quality was good and their set was good. I liked them better than I thought I would after seeing a video of them on youtube. Again, great band, just not in the area of my musical taste.

Project 86 hit the stage to close things out. They have a new CD out now called Rival Factions. I had not heard anything off of it so didn't know what to expect. They played a lot of their new stuff, which was good, but the old school Project 86 stuff was what I was there to hear and they did not disappoint. I stepped into the pit during their set a couple of times as it was not as crazy as the earlier bands pit. I was drenched by the time the show was over and a great night was had by all.

I was excited to hear that Hannah won't be going to CDE until early Saturday morning now on the 14th instead of leaving the night before. Which means....that I get to go on this trip too. Had they left Friday I would have been unable to go. As of right now, it looks like the same 5 of us that went down last weekend will be making the trip again. How cool is that?

Be well, be blessed, be MoVeD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home