Thursday, June 28, 2007

South of the Border

Tomorrow, right after work, we're heading down to the CDE orphanage in Mexico with supplies and things they need. I am really looking forward to this trip because I had so much fun the last time too. I am also looking forward to seeing the boy I sponsor, Jesus Guadalupe. Him and I really connected when we met. I am also looking forward to seeing all of the other kids. They have over 100 there now. There will be 5 of us going down on this trip. Hannah, Jared, Madison, Patty and myself. We'll be back late Sunday night. There will be a few kids graduating too I think from the 6th grade and we will be attending their graduation. We will not be able to stay in the apartment at the orphanage on this trip so we'll be staying in a hotel in town. Believe me, they're not as nice as the apartment. I'd stay in my car if I had to just to see those kids. It's going to be hot this weekend too. But not as hot as it will be here at home next week. We're looking at 117 or 118 for a high by Tuesday. Yikes!

Monday we start the dropin center back up at Power Ranch. We will be playing volleyball, frisbee, and whatever else. But the main objective will be to develop relationships with some of the locals at the park. We'll hand out popsicles, water, pop, whatever each Monday night throughout the summer.

4th of July we will be serving the residents of Queen Creek at the fireworks held at Schnepf Farms. We'll have inflatable jump thingies for the kids as well as face painting and handing out snacks and cold drinks. Just serving the community like we should be doing. I am also going to hand out fliers for a concert the following night at Arizona Community Church. The headline band is Project 86 from Orange County California. These guys rock hard. I was pretty surprised that they are playing at a church. I hope they have good insurance! I saw a kids get his jaw busted last winter at a Project 86 show in the mosh pit.

July 31st will be the Bad Boys of Rock tour at the Mesa Amphitheater featuring Hinder, Papa Roach and Buckcherry. This will be a great show and all 3 bands are good and could headline anywhere.

August 26th is the show I am most looking forward to. The Family Values Tour featuring Korn, Evanescence, Atreyu, Flyleaf, Hellyeah and Trivium. Better drag out the ear plugs for this one.

In August we will need to start planning for our trip to Northern Ireland next summer. Patty and I will be leading a team from our church there for a 3 week mission trip. Patty went last summer and she still talks about it to this day.

To all my friends out there in the blog world...please send rain. And some temperatures say about 40 degrees cooler than they are now. I'm sick of the heat already and it ain't even July yet.

Be well, be blessed and be MoVeD!

I'll post about the trip along with pictures probably Monday sometime.

Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home