Saturday, July 14, 2007

Home sweet home

So it's 5:45 pm Saturday evening. I went and picked up Peyton (our dog mentioned in the previous post). She has a pretty good incision on her belly that is stitched shut. She was REALLY glad to see me and seems like she is glad she is at home. Our other dog (the smaller one Haley) knows something is wrong with Peyton. It amazes me that they seem to know what's going on. Haley wanted to play right away when I brought Peyton home but right away she knew something wasn't normal. I don't know a thing about dogs and their thinking, but I observed it and they know what's going on. Anyhow, Peyton has that big old lampshade thing on her head to keep her from licking the incision. After 14 days we can take her in to get the stitches out. In the mean time, I am sure she will be pampered to death the next few weeks.

Last night we had about 5 youth over to stay the night because Patty wanted everyone here since they were leaving at 6 am and she didn't want anybody over sleeping. So Jared, Madison, two of their friends, Meredith and of course my daughter Shannon all crashed here last night. Patty was up at 5 am and they were gone by 6:15 am. I am sorry I didn't get to go to the orphanage this weekend but I guess I'll watch the Gatti/Gomez fight on TV tonight while taking care of the dogs.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bryant said...

I'm glad to hear that Peyton's going to recover. That sounds like fun, I think I'll go down to the orphanage next time. See you soon bro.

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man...sorry to hear that your pup had to go through that but sounds like things are better now. Hopefully you didn't waste your time on the Gatti fight. Gatti's needs to retire...Gomez was a formidable opponent...but he worked Gatti over.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Gomez didn't just work Gatti over...he beat the crap out of him and took him to school. Gatti is a warrior and I like him, but he should not fight again. If he takes punishment like that again, his brains will turn to mush!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home