Monday, January 28, 2008

This past weekend

I got back from the orphanage yesterday afternoon after we drove in a steady rain the entire way. From Imuris, Sonora, Mexico to Phoenix it rained steadily and the heaviest rain was between Tucson and Phoenix on Interstate 10. If you don't know anything about I-10 between Tucson and Phoenix, let me tell you this. It is very busy and has only two lanes. I hate driving it but I guess we really have no choice.

This trip this past weekend was awesome. Patty and two of the youth went down Friday night. I left early Saturday morning with my co-worker Leslie, her husband Paul and their two kids Jaden and Charlie. Paul brought his big truck and we threw some furniture in the back to take down to Hannah who is living down there now.

We got there right around lunch time and when we drove up to the front gate at the orphanage I saw the De La Paz kids sitting on the benches outside the gate waiting. It was awesome seeing them there waiting for Leslie and Paul and finally getting to meet Jaden and Charlie. I told them the last trip that Leslie and Paul would be there on this trip with their two kids. Well they hit it off right where they left off the last time. Hugs and kisses, and a very warm welcome to Jaden and Charlie. I got the impression that Paul and Leslie were a bit apprehensive about bringing them along, but within the hour, it was obvious that it was the right decision to bring them. Jaden fit right in and became one of the kids. He really didn't need any supervision and he adapted to the kids very well. Charlie was passed around from person to person and the kids loved to hold him.

Guadalupe found me right away and we greeted each other with a big hug. We then found Patty and Hannah and got permission to take our kids to lunch in Imuris and a place called Palo Verde. Good food and fellowship was had by all. We spent the day with them into the evening and Paul was helping Carlos (the handyman guy at the orphanage) with some plumbing issues in the boys shower area. I know they appreciated Pauls workmanship and Paul enjoyed doing it. Paul is also going to purchase some tools for Carlos so he can repair things better.

We left the orphanage around 7 or 8 pm and went to Hannah's new house. Her and her sister had spent a lot of time fixing the place up and painting. It is really a very nice place and she took all of us in for the night. After we ate dinner at Hannah's they all went back to the orphanage for a bit. I stayed at Hannah's with Leslie and Paul and kids and we just chatted up a storm. The kids were pooped and crashed out. I was tired myself and went to bed too. The others came back around 10 pm or so and went to bed too. Hannah's place is awesome and much roomier than the apartment at the orphanage that we usually stay in.

Hannah has lost her job and pick up her final paycheck this week. I have decided to send her some financial support on a regular basis. Just pray for her, that God will protect and provide for her as she is there giving all of herself to the least of these, the kids at the orphanage.

We went to the orphanage in the morning and hung out with the kids then we left around 10 am or so. It was raining pretty good at that time anyhow and we knew it was not going to end any time soon as it was a fairly big storm system that we knew about before we even left. But hey, we'll take all the rain we can get here in Arizona.

Another person has taken over the Northern Ireland trip so I have that off of my plate now. Tonight we start the weekly Amadeo Youth meetings at the clubhouse. I'm in a really strange place right now in where God wants me to be and what I should be doing, so for those that pray, say a prayer for me that the answer will be clear. If you don't pray, then send me some good vibes or karma or whatever.

Peace, and be MoVeD by God's love.......................

3 Comments:

Blogger friend said...

I pray again that the Lord will bless you and protect you from fear, discouragement, confusion and from division of any kind from those who love you and support you in the deepest of ways.

May you grow ever deeper with your wife who you are partnered with and may your unity be always stronger. May your church enfold you, support you, love you and pray for you continuously.

You are love and our prayers for you will always continue.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Thanks for your prayers, love and support. I appreciate you.

I just got back from Youth and I was so glad I went. An awesome thing happened to me in regards to a dream I had not too long ago and someone gave me a word tonight about it.

I'll be blogging about that in my next post. Right now it's off to bed for me.

8:30 PM  
Blogger friend said...

I'll be waiting. Blessings.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home