Monday, February 04, 2008

A very good relaxing weekend...sort of

I was looking forward to this past weekend ahead of time. Friday we just hung out at the house and watched TV. When I say we, I mean Patty, Shannon and I. We actually spent the entire weekend together as a family.

Patty's sister was supposed to join us on Saturday night but some trouble with her son (my nephew) happened and she wasn't able to join us. I won't go into details of the incident on the blog, but just pray for them. My nephew is not on a good path right now and he turns 18 real soon and may be in a bit more trouble than he even realizes.

Saturday night, Patty, Shannon and I went to the Roadrunner's hockey game. The game had a bit of everything and was entertaining. I also got to talk with one of the guys that had season tickets right in front of us last year. He is moving back to Illinois soon but it was good to see him again. It was "Faith Night" at the Roadrunners game Saturday night with a concert after the game featuring Christian recording artist Wavorly. It was extra crowded at the game due to the fact that folks that only allow their kids to hang out in the "Christian Ghetto" let their kids go to the game. To each his own I guess. But if you allow your kid to only be around christianese stuff, how are they going to relate to the real world? Just my 2 cents on that subject. I wonder if they made their kids leave when the game featured two good fights in the first period alone?

Sunday I went to church. Patty and Shannon stayed home and Patty went grocery shopping so that she could be home for the Super Bowl. We had our own little Super Bowl Party...Patty, Shannon and I. Oh yeah, both dogs were there too. But only after Patty and Shannon took them to the dog park and wore their asses out. I am not a big fan of football myself, but this game was actually very exciting to the end. Tom Petty performed at halftime. He's coming back to the Valley of the Sun this August for a full concert and I think Patty and I are going to go.

All in all, with the exception of my nephew's trouble Saturday, it was a great weekend. I was extra pleased that we spent it as a family, which doesn't happen that often.

Tonight is Youth and I always enjoy hanging with the Amadeo teens. We are very fortunate to have a very great group of youth at Amadeo.

Tuesday I am meeting my buddy Todd over at Starbucks. I am looking forward for some great conversation with him. I enjoy talking with him because we are sort of both in the same place in this journey of resting in Father God's affection.

This upcoming weekend, Feb 9th-10th, I'm taking Patty up to Payson to our little romantic getaway we like up there, The Majestic Mountain Inn. Fireplaces and a hot tub in the room. Sweet! It will be our Valentines Day celebration a little early.

On Valentines Day I will actually be heading out to S.E. California on a work trip to install a new weather site. I should have it done by Friday the 15th. So I'll have to stay overnight. Patty and Shannon leave for the orphanage on the 15th and come back the 17th.

Be well, and encourage someone today!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom Petty huh.....you can't be all bad...he's great!!!

see you soon!!!

Todd

9:44 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

I don't like only the hard stuff. I like it a lot, but ya gotta love the classic rock stuff too. I like a variety of types of music, the hard stuff is my favorite though.

Patty and I actually saw Tom Petty back in the mid 80's in Omaha NE and here in Phoenix in the late 90's. The dude can rock man. he puts on a 2 and a half hour set and you do get your moneys worth. Steve Winwood is the opening act on this tour which is coming to Jobing.com Arena on August 20th. You and Michelle are more than welcome to join us brotha. Tix haven't been put onsale yet.

Talk with ya Tuesday.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well then dude you need to check my folk site every now and then...I'm going to be posting some pretty eclectic stuff....

cheers,

Todd

10:12 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Glad to hear you had a good "family" weekend and here's hoping the nephew gets his act straightened out in time too!

5:27 PM  
Blogger *ShAnNoN* said...

Hey Hey I had a fun weekend hanging out with you and Mom to! I am glad you enjoyed my company. It was fun! Love YA!

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home