Friday, April 11, 2008

Doin' the stuff

I'll tell you what...Obie and Leo have a great gig going at VCCG on Thursday nights and I have so enjoyed helping out. They hold a drop-in center on Thursday nights from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. The kids can do BMX, skateboarding, rollerblading...all on ramps and rails. Inside, there is Air Hockey, Billards, Guitar Hero on the big screen, and they even have mats for wrestling now and sometimes demonstrations of MMA. In the gym there is basketball and very intense games of dodgeball. They also serve up hot dogs and drinks and have various contests for prizes throughout the night. The contests on this night were seeing who could eat 5 saltine crackers in 1 minute. A lot harder than it sounds. But there was a winner and he received a giant candy bar. The other contest was a jalapeno eating contest and the winner received $5.

There were about 75 kids present last night with about 15 girls. Obie said the girls have started showing up in the last couple of weeks and bringing their friends. I called Patty and she came over to help out.

This is an awesome ministry and these kids adore Obie and Leo. They even come to the church to hang with Obie when they see his truck there during the day. A few of them even popped in during Celebrate Recovery on Friday night and stayed for the discussion. This is relational ministry at its best.

Patty and I went to our first small group meeting at Mark and Bonnie's Wednesday night. It was just awesome. A very good time of fellowship, study, prayer and ministry time. I was able to pray with a guy who was really struggling and I can't tell you how awesome it was to see God move.

Tonight Patty and her sister are going to the Bon Jovi concert. I am sure they will have a great time along with the thousands of other females that will be there drooling over him.

Shannon has a job finally and I am proud of her. I pray thats she sticks with it. She really worked hard again getting her resume out. She has also been doing her share around the house these days and that is much appreciated by Patty and I.

Saturday is a special men's lunch at VCCG with a guest speaker. I've never heard of him but I have heard that he is very good.

Next week I'm off on a weeklong roadtrip for work. I'll leave Monday morning and then come back Friday night at which time Patty and Shannon head out to Mexico for the weekend. My co-worker Leslie and her family are also going down on that trip.

Saturday night the 19th is the much anticipated UFC welterweight championship fight between Matt Serra and George St. Pierre on PPV live from Montreal. I'll definitely be watching.

Sunday the 20th is the VCCG picnic and I am helping out Keith Killough and driving the van around to Phoenix to pick up some friends of his that are from out of the country. I believe I will be making three pickups in and around Phoenix.

Hope all is going well for everybody. Be blessed, be well, rest in Him.

Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home