Wednesday, May 14, 2008

You don't have to be perfect

My favorite website has just a ton of great articles this month. I'm telling you, The Porpoise Diving Life rawks! I found an article there written by a guy named Nate Peres in Atlanta. He also has a blog called myfaithdefined.

Here's a blurb from his article:

Also, he likes people that don't lie to him. Like the liars that think God only watches them when they go to church; they think all the less attractive things they do aren't noticed by God because it wasn't Sunday or they weren't in church. My favorite saying from them is, "God deserves your best"; referring to the way they dress and act at church. My response is, "But doesn't he deserve your best every day, just not on Sunday?" Then I get that queer look, and they conveniently find someone else to talk to. So be yourself, be honest with God and yourself. Do not worry at what others think. They are not the Judge, Jesus is.

The biggest thing to understand is God does not only love you, but he likes you. As you are. Don't try to be anything that you don't want to be. Don't be ashamed of the things you like. Have a couple of drinks now and then; I do. Go and see a concert of head banging heavy metal; I do. One ticket: Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and Metallica. Great show. Don't worry, I committed no fornication, I did not become possessed by demons, and my head never spun around once. And God still blessed me afterwards. Just be who you are and have fun with it.

My brother likes to think that the Kingdom of God will be one big party. Well then, bring yourself, and God will let you in.

Peace!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pinay said...

This one really speaks.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Hey Len. Thanks for dropping in. I am glad this spoke to you. It did me too. Great stuff. Peace to you my friend.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home