Sunday, September 28, 2008

8 years ago today

I almost forgot to mention this today. It was 8 years ago today that I had my last drink. I am proud of that fact and thankful to Papa who gives me the strength to stay sober. I am very thankful for His grace and His mercy every single day. I am also thankful to my family and friends who endured the bad years and have supported me in the good years.

Spent most of the day yesterday with Jeff. He fixed the crack in our ceiling by putting some 2x4's along the crack to support the ceiling. A lot of the time was spent up in the attic and it was hotter than hell up there. He patched it up real nice and next weekend we're going to sand it, texture it and paint it. After that he is going to help me take out the old plumbing fixtures in our master bath and put in brand new ones.

Last night we went over to Tom and Patricia's house for dinner. Patricia works with Patty and her husband Tom is very active in AA and has been for years. They also invited another couple, Mel and Jan over. They are all a bit older than Patty and I, but both of the guys, Tom and Mel, each have over 20 years of sobriety under their belts. This is the second year Tom has had us over, because Mel and I have our sobriety birthdays real close together. Mine is the 28th and Mel's is the 26th.

I went to the gym today after church and Patty went to the mall and then grocery shopping. Shannon is in Tucson this weekend for a concert that is today. It is an outdoor show all day at Tucson Electric Park. She'll be coming back home tomorrow.

Patty is heading to Las Vegas with all the folks from her work this Friday. They are leaving Friday morning and coming back Sunday night. It is some convention related to the optometry field. Jeff is going to come over Saturday and we'll finish up the ceiling job and I'm going to see if he wants to hang out and watch the MMA fights that night featuring Kimbo Slice against veteran Ken Shamrock. Good times.

Keep praying for my friend Barb who is going to the U of A Medical Center Tuesday for those tests I told you about. I'll update about her as soon as I hear something.

Grace and Peace!

7 Comments:

Blogger Bryant said...

Awesome! Congrats brotha! :)

It's crazy that it's already been another year, time has flown by!
It seems like we were just at that Underoath concert...

Sounds like a good deal man, it's great that you have friends who went through and were delivered from the same stuff.

I'll keep Barb in prayer too, and I'll let you know later or tomorrow what my schedule looks like this week :)

much love and blessings,
Bryant

5:15 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

And you know Keith, I second those congratulations too! That's a great thing to be able to celebrate. It was 15 years this month that my ex also quit drinking. Amazing too, what a difference it makes, isn't it?

Mandy and Bill finally got the new floor tiles put down in our bathroom about two weeks ago and Mandy repainted the room then too. Looks really nice and the tile has a nice softness to it when you step on it. I'm really pleased with it now that it is down and the room will soon be all spiffied up so all I'll have to do then is get some new rugs and curtains to accent off the paint color and the tile. Now, if only we could do the same with the rest of the house too! I know -"one day at a time" right?

7:32 PM  
Blogger Bryant said...

Oh and happy birthday! Sorry it's a little late...

1:15 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

Thanks Bryant and Jeni.

Bryant,
I sent you an email last week asking you what day you wanted to get together. When you find out your schedule, shoot me an email and let me know what works for you.

Jeni,
Well congrats to your ex too. I admire the fact that even though he is your ex, it seems to me that you guys are friends. At least that is what I gather from your posts and our emails back and forth.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

well wishes brother....great testimony....

peace,

7:02 AM  
Blogger Valorosa said...

:-) congratulations overcomer :-)

12:45 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

Congratulations. That is a HUGE thing.

Thanks for stopping by and offering encouragement. That is what this blogging thing is for.
Thanks

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home