Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Accepting Each Day As It Comes

This was the devotion from a devotional book written by Sarah Young called Jesus Calling. This was the entry for Sept 8th.

Accept each day exactly as it comes to you. By that, I mean not only the circumstances of your day but also the condition of your body. Your assignment is to trust Me absolutely, resting in My sovereignty and faithfulness.

On some days, your circumstances and your physical condition feel out of balance: the demands on you seem far greater than your strength. Days like that present a choice between two alternatives - giving up or relying on Me. Even if you wrongly choose the first alternative, I will not reject you. You can turn to Me at any point, and I will help you crawl out of the mire of discouragement. I will infuse My strength into you moment by moment, giving you all that you need for this day. Trust me, by relying on My empowering Presence.

God

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home