Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Random stuff

I've worked dayshift the last two days and work one again tomorrow, then an evening shift on Thursday. I'll be off Friday through Sunday and on dayshift all week next week. I just realized that I have worked nothing but evening shifts ever since my vacation ended on Aug 15th. I found it a bit hard to get up at 5 am again, but after the past two mornings I'm doing well with it. You just have to go to bed earlier.

I received some sad news today. A dear friend of mine, her name is Barb, is dealing with some health problems. Barb was the secretary at my office for years before she retired about 5 years ago. She has some cysts on her pancreas and liver and will be going to the U of A Medical Center in Tucson on Sept 30th for some procedures. Barb is dear to me because I have known her for 15 years. I watched as her husband battled Hodgkins Lymphoma before it took his life. She was inspiring to me during this time because of her positive attitude during this time. Barb is a wonderful woman of God and we had our beliefs in common. Her and her husband Larry went to Ireland for a long trip right before he passed away because it was a place they had both wanted to visit. She was also very supportive and encouraging to me when I was at the lowest point in my life. When I had hit my rock bottom in my battle against the bottle. We were also at work together the morning of Sept 11th when the unspeakable happened. I remember us sitting in the conference room and watching the TV not really believing what we were seeing. Around lunchtime she called me into the copy room and asked me if we could both pray about the situation. Anyhow, she is a wonderful woman and a dear friend so I ask all of you to say a prayer for her. She is very anxious and nervous about not knowing the details and for what news may come from the doctors after the procedure. Yet her attitude is the same old cheerful Barb, regardless of her situation.

Tomorrow night Jeff is coming over for the UFC fights that are on Spike TV live from Omaha Nebraska. I am sure it will be a great time and there are some great fights on this card.

We had a staff meeting today at work and there are some issues that I am going to have to deal with from a Union Steward standpoint. It is stressful, but I love the negotiations that we go through and love to get to a solution that is good for the bargaining unit yet makes management okay with it too.

Friday I'm going to meet Robert for lunch. It's been awhile since I've met with him and I'm looking forward to it.

I've still been running and lifting regularly and it feels damn good.

I need to get in touch with Bryant and see how he's doing and take him out to lunch sometime in the next couple of weeks. He's a great kid and is doing some great things these days.

Peace!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Although I've -on occasion -worked the daylight shifts, it's not usually one I like that much. I'm normally not much of an "early riser."
Sorry though to hear of your friend's illness. Prayer and a big dose of positive attitude though often will carry us much further than we may have originally believed.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Bryant said...

hey man! :)

How are you doing? So let's get in touch. When were you thinking we could hang out?

I work from 7am-1pm all this week, and I have the weekend off.

Let me know what works for you.

Much love and blessings!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Hey Bryant,

Check your email. I am sending you one now.

Keith

1:38 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Give Barb my best.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home