Thursday, December 18, 2008

This is BS

Woman Says Church Threatening To Make Sins Public

I was reading this article this morning and just wanted to throw up. One thing I will say though is that this is just one point of view and I'm sure there are two sides to the story. But if what this woman says is true, here are my thoughts...

She doesn't even go to this church anymore, so why not just let it be?

I remember a situation in a church I attended and there was a couple that was going through a divorce. The husband left the church and attended another church. The pastor was going to go to the other church and inform the pastor of this husbands "sins". I do not know if he ever did or not, but I believe this is just totally a control issue. The guy is gone, the pastor is pissed because he has no more control over this guy and he should just let it go. Why try to publicly slander someone? This goes on way too much in the church. I believe in helping someone and counseling someone. But if that person goes elsewhere and does not agree, then it's in Gods hands, not mine, not yours, and certainly not the pastors.

Just another example of abuses of authority in the church that really is about power and control, and little about Grace, Love and Forgiveness.

Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home