Sunday, January 04, 2009

No 5 miler for me

So I missed my 5 miler. Not because I did not want to do it though.

We had the wonderful opportunity of sitting in line at the U.S./Mexico border from 6 pm to 12:45 am and did not get home until 4:15 am. Believe it or not, I had to set my alarm clock for 11 am just so I could be ready for work at 1 pm. And I'm damn glad I did, because I was sound asleep when it went off.

Word to the wise, do not try crossing the border after a long holiday weekend, especially Christmas and New Years.

Peace!
Keith

2 Comments:

Blogger Debo Blue said...

Six hours just to cross the border? What was going on?

9:19 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

I think that it was the mass of folks that went into Mexico for the holidays and they were coming back into the States. We go all the time but never have we had to wait THAT long.

We've had a couple of 3 hour waits after a long holiday weekend, but never what we experienced Saturday night/Sunday morning.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home