Sunday, April 12, 2009

Why God? Why?

Why does God take people away in the prime of their life? I don't know the answer to that. But yesterday, a young lady in her 30's was taken away from her husband, her friends, and her family unexpectedly. I did not know these folks on a deep personal level but I had met them and am good friends with some of their close friends.

It brought me back to some questions that Dave asked about his friend Big Tony.

I am not really worth a crap today because of all of the stuff going on in my mind right now. So I will just ask God why? Why do people have to suffer and go through trials and/or tragedies?

I know that some will say that we go through trials for a variety of different reasons. I just can't understand those reasons sometimes, and that's okay. I do know this...

His mercies are new every morning, and that I will hold onto.

Peace!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

When someone is taken from us, regardless of the age, it hurts but so much more when it is a younger person as I think we always look at it as being so much more unfair. After all, that person had barely begun to live her life. Been dealing with a somewhat similar circumstance the past week here too, except my friend was 66 and had been dealing with many physical problems for a long time. But, she was still one of the most positive people you'd ever have met -just a beautiful lady, wife, mother, grandmother and good friend to many. I think too when it is a sudden, unexpected passing it makes it all that much more difficult to comprehend too.
Peace.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I'm not venturing to the religious stuff; but, here's some positives, if they can be called that, from Tony's death.

The others of us are a bit closer and kinder.

Some of us, not me, are living a bit more healthyish.

All of us have thought more about mortality.

God or not, things end. It's the big ones that hurt us. Maybe the thing to do is to think about the small endings that happen every day to get us ready for the be big ones.

As I type this I'm watching the Masters. I thought about, but didn't go to Tony's grave to leave a golf ball on a tee.

I figure if there's life after death, he's already laughed at my idea. If not, I've only deprived the groundskeepers of another bit of odd behavior from loved ones.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Those were positive alright. And as always, thanks for being who you are. Thanks for dropping in and for the positive vibes. I loved your golf tee idea.

Peace!
Keith

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home