Thursday, April 02, 2009

Email from my boss

All,

In an all-out effort to AVOID reaching my FORTY-year anniversary with ESSA/NOAA, I’ve decided to retire as of June 3, 2009. My paperwork was sent to Workforce Management, and I notified the Regional Director today.

April Fools?

NOT!!

Tony

Even though he said "NOT" about it being an April Fools Day joke, a lot of us still thought it was. But it isn't. It will be a very sad day for me on June 3rd because Tony has been a great boss over the years. Back when I was struggling through my alcohol days, he had every right to fire me. But he believed in me and gave me that ONE LAST CHANCE that I didn't really deserve. So I guess I will just enjoy having him around these next couple of months and bid him a fond farewell as he enters retirement.

Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home