Wednesday, August 10, 2005

And the thunder rolls

What a night! I just got home from work and the adrenaline is still flowing. Lots of severe weather on my shift tonight. East Mesa got pounded. It was mostly a Flash Flood event with copius amounts of rain in a very short period. On a down note though...one person and possibly two lost their lives due to the weather. An older gentleman tried to cross a flooded wash in the New River area and never made it out. Apparently the rescuers found him still seatbelted in inside his overturned truck. Another little girl was swept away by floodwaters in the Cave Creek area and is missing.

Well I'm heading downstairs to grab a bite to eat then will hit the sack. I'll go for a short run on the treadmill at the gym after I get up and then I get to go to work and do it all over again.

Lord, I ask that you be with the families that were affected by the tragedies that occurred earlier this evening. Comfort them and may they find comfort in you during this difficult time. Thank you for healing Patty's migraine. I ask that you let her get a good nights rest and wake up feeling refreshed. I pray for Shannon and all of the other kids that start school in the morning. That you would walk along right beside them throughout the school year. Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home