Sunday, August 28, 2005

A crazy day at the River

I've been told that tubing down the Salt River on a weekend can get pretty crazy. Well crazy it was indeed. It was kind of like Mardi Gras on water. Spring Break in Lake Havasu. Girls gone wild video.

Like I said before, I had organized this as an office outing. Well the turn out was very poor. There were 6 of us all together, and that included 2 spouses, so only 4 employees. So picture this, 6 of us floating down the Salt River on a day that the temperature is 110 degrees outside. We are employees of the Phoenix office of the National Weather Service. A Heat Advisory has been issued, and we are warning people about the dangers of the heat in the products that are coming out of our office, and here we are floating on innertubes down the Salt River. Is that an oxymoron or what?

Fun was had by all though. Those that didn't make it missed out. We were all smart and drank lots of water and had lots of sunscreen. But for some, this morning is going to pretty hard to get out of bed. We saw it all on this day floating down the river. The highlight was a floating kegger and all of the craziness that goes with it. Did I mention girls gone wild videos? Let's just say it was, only it was live, and not on video. I've never been to Lake Havasu on Spring Break but I'm told it is even crazier. I went to Spring Break once on Padre Island when I was in the Air Force years ago. Crazy stuff man! I must say, they were having fun. They were a bit loud and obnoxious, but they were not really bothering anyone. I am sort of glad that Shannon didn't go with us though now that I think of it. To make a long story short, if you like all of this craziness, go on a weekend. If not, choose a weekday. The last time I floated down the Salt River, which was also the first time I did it, it was on a weekday and was much more a family like atmosphere. So take your pick.

Well I'm going to get ready for church. After church we are heading to the local water park with Patty's sister. Should be a fun time. Happy Sunday to you all.

2 Comments:

Blogger friend said...

enjoy your day

11:47 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

U2 Mr. Cloud. BTW...how are things with the house coming along? I forgot to ask you this morning. Did the AC get fixed and were you able to stay at the house?

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home